9-String Ukulele, coming soon!

Reaction score
At first I thought I was looking for a 12-string Ukulele, but it's not needed to have that many strings since most of them would just be unison. Here's a picture of my current setup, CFAD.

0429111426.jpg

If anyone would like to copy this setup, you are welcome with my permission!

Ultra Low C & Nylon Wound C
Nylon F & Nylon Wound F
Nylon A & Nylon Wound A
Nylon D & Nylon Wound D!

Here's a Video of my older setup when I had a High C where the Ultra Low C string was.

Not bad but my friend will be making me a Custom 9 String Ukulele,

111 - 11 - 11 - 11 = 9 Strings.

Ultra Low C - Nylon Wound C - High C
Nylon F - Nylon Wound F
Nylon A - Nylon Wound A
Nylon D - Nylon Wound D!

The 9-string Ukulele will be made a while from now so the pictures won't be posted for a long while, like as in a year!

Thanks for looking!:drool:

Just curious, what string set(s) did you pull from to come with the configuration.

Just curious, what string set(s) did you pull from to come with the configuration.

Strings EA from a Classical Guitar is used for my Ultra Low C and Low Wound F string. I was going to use the classical guitar's D too for the wound A on the Ukulele but I already have a newer Low wound G to tune to A on here. the Nylon strings are from Hilo Strings. Either the F is a E or G string. And the first strings on the Ukulele is a Low Wound C tuned to D and Nylon is a E or C. But I'm pretty sure it's an E since it's kinda' loose. Hope that helps! I'm going to try the Baritone's Wound D on here as well to hear what it sounds like! I'll let everyone know shortly after! Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Sounds great!
Though I can't see the 9th string in the pic.. I only see 8?

I thought that I've replied to this earlier but I guess I didn't. That's the picture of my current setup, CC FF AA DD. I'll be getting CCC FF AA DD a year from now but I just put my current setup for at least a little more information for the 9-string ukulele!:drool:

let us know too....intresting all the strings in unison...

Oh no Unison whatsoever! Sorry that I've wrote it like repeated CC FF AA DD. It's really Ultra Low C, Low C, then Nylon F, Wound F, Nylon A, Wound A, and for the last two Nylon D, and Wound D.

When I say the word "Ultra", I could just say an Octave lower than the standard Wound C string tone.

And also. I notice some 6 & 8 string baritone Ukuleles have the Octave strings around the other way? As in for the High C and the regular C. The tenors come just like how I've put it, but baritones have them switched around. With Regular C first, then the High C when in GCEA. Is there a reason for the luthier to be putting certain strings in certain orders? Because I wasn't sure If I should make my C strings High C, Middle C and Low C? Or vice versa? If this makes sense somehow?

Last edited:
Top Bottom