Fluke Flogging

LonnaB

Reaction score
So, the new fluke is here.

It is not quite what I imagined, but it is durable enough for a good spanking, should I ever need to go that route.

I'm thinking I can play it whenever I feel like and threaten fluke violence against all that dare cross me!

I am especially charmed with how light it is. I expected it to be heavier than my Kala, knowing that flukes are so durable. The action on it is great- my daughter has a much easier time playing it than she does the Kala.

Overall, I am happy with my choice. Now, I can start thinking about what I want for Christmas...

This is good to hear. I just bought a Surf Fluke and should have it by next week. I was just looking for something cool and funky to carry around. How about the tone? Thanks for the review.

So, the new fluke is here.

It is not quite what I imagined, but it is durable enough for a good spanking, should I ever need to go that route.

I'm thinking I can play it whenever I feel like and threaten fluke violence against all that dare cross me!

So do I get a spanking or not?

I mess around whth those everytime I go to the Ukulele store Just can't pull the trigger yet for the collection...

Enjoy it!!!!!!!

This is good to hear. I just bought a Surf Fluke and should have it by next week. I was just looking for something cool and funky to carry around. How about the tone? Thanks for the review.

The tone is good. My husband and I spent some time comparing the fluke to the Kala and it's hard to hear a huge difference. The Fluke is slightly louder and deeper- the Kala brighter. But, overall, the fluke sounds nice. And as for something to carry around, it's perfect. My poor Kala has so many little dings in it. I don't see this as being a problem with the fluke.

Enjoy yours when you get it. I saw the UPS guy walking up with a ukulele shaped box and I nearly ran out to meet him!

So do I get a spanking or not?

Uhm, maybe after 50 more posts.

If I smack ya hard enough, you'll have a lovely little circle that says 'Fluke Made in the USA' on your cheek. Wouldn't that be cute?

If I smack ya hard enough, you'll have a lovely little circle that says 'Fluke Made in the USA' on your cheek. Wouldn't that be cute?

My mom said I was fluke made in the USA... :mad: :confused:

"Fluke Flogging" hehehe......I can hear it now... "Honey!, have you been flogging your fluke again?"....uh....no......;)

I love both my tenor fluke and concert flea. Both have rosewood fretboards. I'm teacher and keep one or the other at school. They're 15-year old proof. We also take them traveling to Hawaii. We can play them on the beach and have no worries.

ihartmyfluke. I call it "Dia" even though my first uke is named "Dia" too. haha shhh..

but I'm really pleased with it. It's very loud. Like VERY loud. haha Everyone noticed the difference when I changed to bringing my Fluke to school instead of my little LanKai LU-21. It's very loud, but I remember Aldrine comparing Aquila strings to D'addario strings and he said Aquila strings are loud but the sound dies fast and doesn't linger as long as D'addario's. but with that being said. I like the loudness and it does just fine. I recently got a few knicks and dents on my Fluke though.. I underestimated the sturdiness of the Fluke haha Bringing it around with me everywhere in my flimsy bag isn't the hottest idea.. but ah well. It IS sturdy enough. xP

ihartmyfluke. I call it "Dia" even though my first uke is named "Dia" too. haha shhh..

I recently got a few knicks and dents on my Fluke though.. I underestimated the sturdiness of the Fluke haha Bringing it around with me everywhere in my flimsy bag isn't the hottest idea.. but ah well. It IS sturdy enough. xP

I haven't named this one yet. I have The Bonnie Pearl (my cheap-o hilo) and Scrambled Eggs (my Kala).

You dinged the fluke? I can't imagine how that could happen, but with all of these kids running around my house, I bet I'll figure that out soon enough. :eek:

Hey Lonna! How are you liking the Fluke now you've had it a while? It took me a while to get used to the shape of it, but after getting some good tips on how to hold it, I'm loving it now!

I love the shape for holding- it seems to fit in my arms a little easier. And, my (almost) nine year old loves it. She's practicing everyday now and her skills are improving. She's actually proud of the callouses on her fingers!

My son, on the other hand, who inherited the hilo (he's a lefty- so he gets his own uke) would much rather have the Fluke for himself. He's decided he wants a Flea for his birthday.

And my husband, he's playing with me now, too.

It's working y'all. I've spread the madness! :nana:

I love the shape for holding- it seems to fit in my arms a little easier. And, my (almost) nine year old loves it. She's practicing everyday now and her skills are improving. She's actually proud of the callouses on her fingers!

My son, on the other hand, who inherited the hilo (he's a lefty- so he gets his own uke) would much rather have the Fluke for himself. He's decided he wants a Flea for his birthday.

And my husband, he's playing with me now, too.

It's working y'all. I've spread the madness! :nana:

That's so cool!!! You've got the whole family playing!!

I can imagine Flukes and Fleas would be great for kids too. Pretty much unbreakable, very light and so bright and colourful.

Glad you're having fun with it!

Top Bottom