recommend me a small, decent quality electronic keyboard please

janeray1940

Reaction score
Aloha all - I may be faced with a bit of free time pretty soon, and am contemplating attempting to mess around with piano again (for the first time in, oh, 30 years) since I think it will help me a bit when it comes to music theory and sight reading.

I'm looking for recommendations for a small electric keyboard with a headphone jack. How small? It needs to fit on a table that is 34" long. I don't mind spending a little extra for quality - I'd like something that is a real instrument and not a toy. Anybody?? Thanks much :)

Thanks Josh, that looks just about right. And available on Amazon with free shipping :)

The Roland Lucina AX-09 is super portable, has full-size velocity sensitive keys, 3 octaves, 128-voice polyphony, tons of sounds, etc... it even comes in white or black :) Would definitely fit on a 34" table too. If you want to go the the larger, non-keytar, 61-key route, the Roland E-09 is awesome and a super sweet deal for a Roland. It also has a 16-track recorder.

Thanks Josh, that looks just about right. And available on Amazon with free shipping :)

If that Yamaha is in your price range, they are known for having the best built in learning software for beginners

The Casio CTK-3000 is really nice and superb value. They usually come in packages with keyboard stand, headphones and adapter included.
61-keys. I'm having one arrive at my doorsteps any time soon now.

Bumping this to ask kissing: Did U end up being happy with your Casio purchase?
And does anyone else have a current recommendation for this original query? I'm looking around too, and boy, is it ever a vast & confusing territory... what to leave in, what to leave out, & why?? Any help appreciated!!

The Casio CTK-3000 is really nice and superb value. They usually come in packages with keyboard stand, headphones and adapter included.
61-keys. I'm having one arrive at my doorsteps any time soon now.

Top Bottom