Sunshine of Your Love @ UkeFest + advice please YT "Matched third-party content" ?

YogaJen

Reaction score
Sunshine of Your Love @ UkeFest + advice please YT "Matched third-party content" ?

This was at the 2011 Blue Mountains Ukulele Festival - a 100 kilometres (62 miles) west of Sydney Oz - a duo called PLUM - I'd love to be able to play my uke as well as Karl!
I'm concerned at the YouTube warning - "Matched third-party content... View Copyright Info." I'll bet there is a UU thread about that somewhere here - if anyone can point me in the direction I'd be very grateful :)

Karl on uke is a member of the Blue MUGs Eugene - I always like sitting next to him when we do gigs - he's got it going with the uke, does fancy stuff way beyond me!!! He's also fun to harmonise with. And she has a great voice !

Aloha Jen,
Love that song...never heard it for a while....they did a sweet Job..and I enjoyed it... Thanks for sharing...MM Stan

Aloha MM Stan :)
Greetings to you from Sydney Oz - a mild autumn day here. Glad you enjoyed revisiting the song - going back to the days of the late 60s and Cream. Nice hearing from you !

I'm concerned at the YouTube warning - "Matched third-party content... View Copyright Info." I'll bet there is a UU thread about that somewhere here - if anyone can point me in the direction I'd be very grateful :)

There was a thread about it two or three weeks ago. I've had YouTube flag a couple of cover tunes I've done that way, while several other cover tunes are not flagged. Other than that annoying tag showing up, no one has tried to contact me about it. It doesn't seem to make a real difference. As long as you're not trying to make money off your video of playing someone else's song, you should be all right.

There was a thread about it two or three weeks ago. I've had YouTube flag a couple of cover tunes I've done that way, while several other cover tunes are not flagged. Other than that annoying tag showing up, no one has tried to contact me about it. It doesn't seem to make a real difference. As long as you're not trying to make money off your video of playing someone else's song, you should be all right.

Aloha uke4ia ... thanks very much for your response to my question. I was a little concerned that something bad would happen to my YT account, and that would not be a source of joy after all my uploading! I was wondering if I should take the video down and upload it with different labelling. Anyhow, sounds like it will be ok. Thanks for the link to the thread - I thought I'd seen it somewhere, just couldn't remember where - I'll read up on it - much appreciated.
Happy uking to ya - I like the line in your profile "Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!"
So true!
Cheers,
Jen in Oz :)

Aloha uke4ia ... thanks very much for your response to my question. I was a little concerned that something bad would happen to my YT account, and that would not be a source of joy after all my uploading! I was wondering if I should take the video down and upload it with different labelling. Anyhow, sounds like it will be ok. Thanks for the link to the thread - I thought I'd seen it somewhere, just couldn't remember where - I'll read up on it - much appreciated.
Happy uking to ya - I like the line in your profile "Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!"
So true!
Cheers,
Jen in Oz :)

It is YouTube's way of pointing out that the content is in violation of copyright policy and law. They can, if the current copyright holder wants to pursue it, close the account. Whether they will or not is another story.

It is YouTube's way of pointing out that the content is in violation of copyright policy and law. They can, if the current copyright holder wants to pursue it, close the account. Whether they will or not is another story.

Thanks Pippin. I thought that the copyright thing only came into play when you videorecord yourself doing covers of other folks' songs. I had no idea that posting a video of other folks doing a performance at a free festival would bring on the same response. Hopefully if they're not happy they'll give me a warning before taking any further action.

Nice Job Jen! Is he playing a baritone? Cool cover.

Aloha MM Stan :)
Greetings to you from Sydney Oz - a mild autumn day here. Glad you enjoyed revisiting the song - going back to the days of the late 60s and Cream. Nice hearing from you !
Aloha Jen,
Now you're talking....Cream....Clapton....he was in so many bands, had a list of him about 15 years ago amazing....nice hearing from you too, it's been a long time girl!! hope all is well....Stan

Is he playing a baritone?

Aloha Unkle Leroy ... I got the low-down on the baritone uke ... from the horse's mouth as they say :)

"She is indeed a baritone. I had her made by a guy called Jack Spira in Gembrook Vic. He’s made guitars for my father & I before.
She has a spruce top, West Australian she-oak back & sides, rosewood fretboard & bridge, abalone inlay. I call her Grace.
I tune her to low D"
I'll take a closer look at Grace next time our Blue MUGs gig - which will be this Saturday ... can't wait :)

Top Bottom