ukuleles in entertainment

Penguinofsorts

Reaction score
I just rented "The King's Speech" and there was a preview for the upcoming movie, "Blue Valentine". The entire preview was basically the main character playing a song on the ukulele during a scene in the movie, and then other quick scene-shots were played over the uke playing.

Also, I stopped by work and the radio was playing "This is the Stuff" by Francesca Battistelli...sounded like an ukulele to me! I can't help but smile when I see/hear/play or do anything uke!!

It's showing up in a lot of commercials too!

Love the trailer and it sounds like a good film!

I just rented "The King's Speech" and there was a preview for the upcoming movie, "Blue Valentine". The entire preview was basically the main character playing a song on the ukulele during a scene in the movie, and then other quick scene-shots were played over the uke playing.

Also, I stopped by work and the radio was playing "This is the Stuff" by Francesca Battistelli...sounded like an ukulele to me! I can't help but smile when I see/hear/play or do anything uke!!

Here is the uke video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2ONBKP-huY&feature=related

Okay I've had this movie on my Lovefilm list and got around to watching it last night.

It's an alright movie I guess, nothing special - let's just say it's not exactly a feel good Saturday night at home with the missus type movie. It's actually pretty depressing!!! Oh and that ukulele scene in the preview is pretty much the only uke scene in the entire movie. There's a few other tid bits where Gosling picks away or is carrying it but it's not a feature of the movie, just saying...

Top Bottom