I just ordered a Makala MK-P Soprano Ukulele

ranginha

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just ordered a Makala MK-P and can't wait til it arrives. I'm from Brazil and it was very difficult to decide witch model or brand to get cause i dont have a lot of options since the only brand that you can find easy here is the mahalo uke.

I would know if anyone has or had a Makala MK-P and if it is a great beginner ukulele. Any suggestion or tip would be awesome too. I just got the Aquila strings on it for free! YAY!

The other doubt that i have is about the difficult of playing the ukulele. I play the guitar, but i'm not even close to be a medium guitar player as you can see in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjOrEOPzZUU

I heard that the ukulele is much easier than the guitar. Do you guys know a true example of a person that sucked at playing the guitar and now rule at the ukulele playing?

All the best from Brazil Mates!!

I don't have a Makala, but have read many times that for the money, they are decent ukes. I have tried to learn guitar without too much luck (picked it up too slowly for live instructor). Have owned a uke for 60 years and have finally gotten serious. Getting better on it much more easily than I ever did on guitar. As soon as you figure out how to use what you know about guitar fretboard theory on the uke, you will probably progress much more quickly than the average uke beginner. Check out Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp......a great approach for many of us. You will get much more advice here. You have come to the right place.

Thanks a lot Phil, you filled my heart with hope! I will search for the boot camp book... I can't think about other thing and i can't stop watching ukuleles tutorials on youtube LOL.

I own an MK-P, and I love it like my first born child. It may be an entry level, but it packs a surprising punch (especially with those aquilas). I've had it for a few months now and not experienced any major problems with it, the worst I had was a bit of a buzzy C string but I shimmed it with some paper and now it seems to have sorted itself out (even without the paper... weird.). It's a great uke!

Aloha Ranginha,
Welcome ton the UU and our forums and the ukulele...Congratulations on your new Makala soprano...Have fun and enjoy..google musicteacher2010 and Keonepax for awesome ukulele video
tutorials and Dr uke for songs, chords and instructions..your friend, Stan

For some reason I think that you are going to pick up the uke really fast! If you even want a head start practice some strumming patterns on your guitar! Strumming differently on the ukulele can easily manipulate the sound of a chord :)

I own a Makala Concert Uke that was a Christmas Present from my wife and I can honestly say it's the best Christmas present I've ever received. It looks great and, in my limited experience, seems really well made and gives a good, clean sound. I've been playing for around two months now and I'd say that I've gotten further with my uke in two months than I ever did with a guitar.

Hello! I get my Makala Mk-P already and it's fantastic. Changed the strings and the Aquila ones made a huge difference! Thank you guys for all the support!!! I will post a video on youtube soon... Best Regards!!

Top Bottom