Gibson Soprano Uke-1<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxuke

Reaction score
SOLD

Hello Friends:

I'm re-listing this; I had it up for sale July of 2010 and decided to keep it another year. The condition is exactly the same as when photographed.
Here are the details:

WHAT: Gibson Uke 1, c. 1950s. Included is hard case. Currently has new Ping Tuners on it, but I did not in any way alter the uke to install. Included will be the old tuners which are fine, but old. In other words, the uke comes fitted with the new but you get both.

CONDITION: VG. No cracks, although there is a small finish crack on the back (no daylight through it, just the finish.) Scuffs, some scratches. But this is a great player.

WHY: I Really don't play it that much. Kept it cause I thought I would. But I play the Martin and Gretsch more, of the vintage ukes I have. This one needs to be re-homed.

COMPS: Compare this one, with a crack:
http://elderly.com/vintage/names/gibson-uke-1-soprano-ukulele-(1950's)--180U-958.htm

and
This, crack repaired
http://elderly.com/vintage/names/gibson-uke-1-soprano-ukulele-(c.1930)--180U-973.htm

PRICE: UPDATE: $360 shipped CONUS.

PM me or contact pdxbray@gmail.com

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• uke1-8..jpg
    uke1-8..jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 32
  • uke1-3..jpg
    uke1-3..jpg
    52 KB · Views: 31
  • uke1-6..jpg
    uke1-6..jpg
    70 KB · Views: 25
  • uke1-4..jpg
    uke1-4..jpg
    46 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Last edited:
would you be willing to trade for a lanikai custom series?

Thom,

Very nice Gibson. Great price. Can't believe it is still around.

Thom,

Very nice Gibson. Great price. Can't believe it is still around.

Neither can I!~

Still willing to trade for a used Kamaka soprano, any year. Would also consider trade for used Koaloha pikake.

Gibson Uke 1 is a highly collectible uke, and when a shop gets a hold of one they charge accordingly. I paid in the high $400s for this one.

Last edited:
PM sent, oh and what's the neck width at the nut? TIA, g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom