one note samba: Slapping???

one note samba

hey...nice go at one note samba.
i noticed that you mentioned that you didn't know where the song comes from. well...it is by the great brazilian composer antonio carlos (tom) jobim. he and his buddies invented bossa nova in the fifties. check him out and more bossa nova stuff, it is awesome music and sounds great on the uke! learn the brazilian clave rhythm, it will help you with the strumming groove.
here is a cool vid of tom jobim and sinatra, two seriously cool dudes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkvhNiGIZuo

good job, keep on playin'!

Nice job on ONS. I posted a comment on YT. When you slap you can try to sound some harmonics by slapping a distance of 12 frets above where you fret the chord. If you angle your thumb as you slap you might be able to catch a couple of the notes and sound them as harmonics along with the thump from hitting the sound board. Mess around with it and see what you come up with. Great job.

That Sinatra/Jobim video is really cool. Thanks for pointing that out.

Good job and awesome picking. But, the timing was sometimes uneven. Yea, maybe I'm being a little too critical, but I'm working on a jazz piece and just can't get the rhythm right yet. Have you tried playing to a metronome or drum machine?

thanks you guys

Dom: i'll try the 12 fret harmonics... thing

thank you all for the feed back

i'll have a new video by tomorow
"Bandito Tyler"
Again Thank you Dominator if i had'nt found your site i would have still been trying to transcribe guitar tabs:worship:

Top Bottom