PDA

View Full Version : Uu Oahu Get Together August 12

Dino
07-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Okay gang. The next Oahu get together will be on Tuesday, August 12, 4:30pm at Aloha Tower Marketplace. Ground floor middle of the mall. Lots of table and chairs to use, lots of space. Aldrine says he will be there. Hopefully Ryan and Aaron can make it too. Again, lets make this the best one yet. Airfair for the bosses is expensive so lets make the best of it. Come on lets jam UU......oh, and we can go eat at Hooters after!

Attending
-------------------------
Aldrine
Fred
Dino

Maybe

No can

Keonikapila
07-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Now this is one, that I can do. I work in town and catch theBoat home (from Aloha Tower to Campbell Industrial). I'm gonna have to leave around 6:00 (last boat home), but guarenz-ball-bearenz I'll be there :D

Attending
Aldrine
Fred
Dino
Keonikapila

Maybe

No can

Fred Miu
07-30-2008, 04:43 PM
hehe we will have a foreign friend that will be accompanying me :D

Attending
Aldrine
Fred+ nihongo honey
Dino
Keonikapila

Maybe

No can

Dino
07-31-2008, 07:17 AM
allright...that's 5. lets keep it going.

experimentjon
07-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Hmm, I think I'll be able to make it. I work on Bethel street, so I'll just walk over from work and won't even have to worry about parking. :)

Attending
Aldrine
Fred+ nihongo honey
Dino
Keonikapila
ExperimentJon

Maybe

No can

Fred Miu
07-31-2008, 07:44 PM
come on guys, lets get more people!

Dino
08-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Come one gang. Just a little over a week away!

Attending
Aldrine
Fred+ nihongo honey
Dino
Keonikapila
ExperimentJon

Maybe
Eddie (friend of Dino...plays guitar, uke & percussion)

No can

Kaneohe til the end
08-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Attending
Aldrine
Fred+ nihongo honey
Dino
Keonikapila
ExperimentJon

Maybe
kaneohe til the end (if parents say can)

No can

HumbleSounds
08-05-2008, 01:28 AM
Attending
Aldrine
Fred+ nihongo honey
Dino
Keonikapila
ExperimentJon
HumbleSounds

Maybe

No can

Kekani
08-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Okay Dino, got it. Unfortunately, I'll be burning up my pass next Friday night at Gordon Biersche. My friend Ramon is coming back from the mainland, and plays a gig there for his high school reunion that night. He plays, he sings, and he'll be on stage. Gotta go support. I hope our friend Ivan Ho`opi`i shows up, should be a good show.

Sorry, back to the thread (I'll still try).

Attending
Aldrine
Fred+ nihongo honey
Dino
Keonikapila
ExperimentJon
HumbleSounds

Maybe
Aaron

No can

Kaneohe til the end
08-05-2008, 11:29 PM
where u at MGM!?

Attending
Aldrine
Fred+ nihongo honey
Dino
Keonikapila
ExperimentJon
HumbleSounds
kaneohe til the end (parents said can go!!:D)

Maybe
Aaron

No can

Fred Miu
08-05-2008, 11:54 PM
not bad of a turn out so far. nice

Kaneohe til the end
08-05-2008, 11:58 PM
monday when i go class ill ask my teacher if she wants to go

Dino
08-06-2008, 03:17 PM
monday when i go class ill ask my teacher if she wants to go

wooo hooo....bringing teacher.....on a date????? hahahhaa.

Nah! Just playing.

Aldrine Guerrero
08-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Ok guys... how's this suggestion...

We meet up at the aloha tower and end up at diamond head cove? I'm playing a show that night. We can have a little open mic if you guys want. You folks down? :3

Dino
08-06-2008, 09:48 PM
sounds okay with me, but I need a wake up call. I work the next day at 5:30!

Fred Miu
08-06-2008, 11:39 PM
i would need to break early, i have a dinner to go to at 8pm with you know who ( dean and aldrine know who )

Kaneohe til the end
08-07-2008, 12:49 AM
whats the address so i can get my dad to pick me up from there. and do they let minors in?

hopefully by then i will have fully transposed and learned wake up by coheed and cambria

Kaneohe til the end
08-07-2008, 12:57 AM
wooo hooo....bringing teacher.....on a date????? hahahhaa.

Nah! Just playing.

my ukulele teacher is aldrine's friend, the girl singing "i want to write a song"

experimentjon
08-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Ok guys... how's this suggestion...

We meet up at the aloha tower and end up at diamond head cove? I'm playing a show that night. We can have a little open mic if you guys want. You folks down? :3

Oh man, in that case, I hope someone can give me a ride from Aloha Tower to Diamond Head cove, since I'm not driving to Aloha Tower and just walking over from work. But I'm totally down for that.

Kaneohe til the end
08-08-2008, 10:14 AM
nah, i found (googled) the address if anyone else needs it. its 3045 Monsarrat Ave #5. but im gonna need a ride from aloha tower to there.

Dino
08-09-2008, 12:59 AM
10 so far. Need more! Kolohe boy is thinking about it.

Kaneohe til the end
08-10-2008, 01:50 AM
after reading the little paragraph at the end of the new uke minutes, it sound slike were going to meetup at aloha tower, cruise for a while, then go diamond head cove, right? or am i wrong?

c'mon west side boys, we need some representation there.

Dino
08-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Hey Kaneohe,
You are correct. I'm sure we'll figure out how to get you down to Diamond Head Cove. I'm probably going to give Aldrine a lift. How long I stay is up in the air....I work at 5:30am on Wed. Dino

KoloheBoy
08-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey Kaneohe,
You are correct. I'm sure we'll figure out how to get you down to Diamond Head Cove. I'm probably going to give Aldrine a lift. How long I stay is up in the air....I work at 5:30am on Wed. Dino

Ill be in kaneohe all day that day untill about six cuz thats where i stay after school, but ill see if i can get my dad to drop me off and pick me up after work.

experimentjon
08-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Hey Kaneohe,

Hey, if you have more than 2 seats in the car, could I get a ride to Diamond Head cove too?

And I've got course registration for UH at 8:00 in the morning on Wed too, so I'm not sure how long I'll stay...prob only as long as you stay too.

Hehe, then I need to figure out how to take the bus back from Kapahulu to Ala Moana...

Dino
08-10-2008, 06:06 PM
we'll figure it out. worse comes to worse you can lie down in the bed of my pickup.......sorry, have to close the tonneau cover.

experimentjon
08-10-2008, 06:11 PM
we'll figure it out. worse comes to worse you can lie down in the bed of my pickup.......sorry, have to close the tonneau cover.

Haha, that'd be a pretty wicked ride. I would actually want to try that and tell my friends what an insane ride I had. But if I can't bum a ride of someone else, I would definitely do that...or might want to do that even if i can bum a ride off someone else...

Aldrine Guerrero
08-10-2008, 06:25 PM
I got a great idea guys!

For diamond head cove; we should have a little open mic. I'm scheduled to play from 8-10 but I can play for about 30-45 min and hand it off to you guys. I'll let everyone get a 2 song spot on the schedule. It'll be like a live UU open mic. Wouldn't that be awesome? You guys can even collaborate and jam together if you guys want.

So if you have an ukulele that you can plug in, make sure to bring it! :D I'll let you guys use Mika if needed.

It should be tons of fun! Looking forward to seeing you guys!

experimentjon
08-10-2008, 07:39 PM
I got a great idea guys!

For diamond head cove; we should have a little open mic. I'm scheduled to play from 8-10 but I can play for about 30-45 min and hand it off to you guys. I'll let everyone get a 2 song spot on the schedule. It'll be like a live UU open mic. Wouldn't that be awesome? You guys can even collaborate and jam together if you guys want.

So if you have an ukulele that you can plug in, make sure to bring it! :D I'll let you guys use Mika if needed.

It should be tons of fun! Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Hehe, if I had any songs that I could play, I would totally participate in that open mic. But seeing as to how I have nothing practiced, I'll have to wait till next time, haha. I guess I could bring Taryn (the name of my Applause Tenor) instead of my Kanilea, since the Applause can be plugged in. And maybe someone without an electric can use it on stage...if they don't mind the UH stickers on the fretboard. (Plus I'm sure Dino wants to see what he missed out on.) Or maybe I'll play backup chords for someone with the volume turned all the way down...or unplugged since you can barely hear that thing unplugged. :)

Also, if anyone locally wants to trade for my near-mint Kamaka Soprano, I'd be happy to trade it for something of equal value...or would be willing to put in a bit more cash for something more expensive. Looking for a Kanilea Tenor Sound Monster, Kamaka Tenor, or a KoAloha Tenor.

Dino
08-10-2008, 10:28 PM
(Plus I'm sure Dino wants to see what he missed out on.)

Ouch.....more salt in the wound! hahahahaha

For sure you going ride my truck bed now! hahahhaha. Nah, we get you there brother!

Kaneohe til the end
08-11-2008, 09:42 PM
tomorrow is the big day! im too scared to perform, though, i dont know any cool songs other than from here

cs1x
08-12-2008, 10:15 AM
i'm planning to come down to diamond head cove tonight. are there a lot of seats? Do I have to for entrance? Hoping to see aldrine and the guys play.

Dino
08-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Well, another Oahu UU get together just finished last night, and I have to say it was a fun night! Showing up for the get together was the GREAT Aldrine Guerrero, Fred Miu, DuaneJudo, KeoniKapila, Experimentjon, Kaneohetilltheend, Fred's friend Ako, Aldrine's friend Radford, and myself Dino.

First one on the scene was DuaneJudo. Man....da guy can sing and play! We chatted while we waited for others to arrive, then with the grand entrance came Mr. Aldrine Guerrero. The audience went wild! Girls started running up to him screaming! Nah. But it was awesome meeting the man himself in person. If you ever get the chance to see this man perform in person, please do so. Its one thing to see a video, but live is something else. He can change a song instantly, take you out to left field then back.

Anyway, I had brought along a song book of over 100+ songs so we would have something to play. I had been putting this book together over the past 2 years since I started to play again....and...2 of our members actually got a copy of the same songbook as a prize for showing up!

We all hung out in the center of Aloha Tower Marketplace and played and sung some good music. Aldrine even gave us a sneak preview to a new song he wrote. Sorry folks, you had to be there to hear this one. I guess everyone will have to wait for the next CD. We were sworn to torture if we leaked it out! hahaha. I was really affraid that security was going to kick us out, but they bother us at all, tourists came by to sit, listen and talk. We had mocha drinks from this coffee place (not starbucks), and some of the guys even played "this is so much fun". I think we have video of that! We may even have started a fan base in New Jersey. 4 girls came by during the sillyness of "this is so much fun" and wanted Aldrine to play something. He wooooed them with his special version of "I'm yours". (I have video of that too). We even could of made some CD sales but Aldrine ran out.

A handful of people stopped by to talk and we gave UU some exposure and hopefully some new memebers.

After all the fun at Aloha Tower, we drove up to Diamond Head Health Bar and listened to the man Aldrine do his thing. Awesome to hear him live. We had an open mic and Aldrine made all of us go up. I sucked so we'll move on....Jon did a portion of Aldrines "CMJ", Justin did a rhythm track of "one night stand", and Duane did his thing on 2 songs.

I have to say that I had lots of fun and can't wait to do this again.

russ_buss
08-13-2008, 05:42 PM
thanks for the recap Dino. sounds like you guys had a great time! hope to see some photos or video of the fun!:)

Kaneohe til the end
08-13-2008, 07:07 PM
yeah, dino gave me a giant binder full of music from tropical storm. it was nuts

Fred Miu
08-13-2008, 10:09 PM
haha Aldrine's friend is Bradford :P

not Radford hehe

Kaneohe til the end
08-13-2008, 10:25 PM
what is the name of the song aldrine did in im yours between the 1st chorus and the 2nd verse? diamond head cove was a nuts time. it was awesome, i didnt expect to go up and play though, but i cant sing, so that was out.

HumbleSounds
08-14-2008, 01:49 AM
:( I wish I could have been there but, alas, l pulled a space cadet and forgot. Didn't remember till it was to late. Guess, there is always next time. Glad everyone had fun. Can't wait to see the video.

Aloha

experimentjon
08-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Haha. I didn't think Aldrine was really going to have every one of us go up there and do a song. Otherwise, I'd probably have practiced one. Oh well, next time. :)

Thanks for the song book Dino, I finally have a decent binder-full now!

It was a good meetup, the acai was delicious and seeing Aldrine actually preform live was pretty amazing.

Kaneohe til the end
08-14-2008, 10:00 PM
some things i learned that night:
1. fred is the new "f" word.
2. aldrine can use his phone for more than just talking and texting.
3. i want an amp and a uke with a plug in.
4. Dino and his UU truck are awesome. He should be the new UU spokes/salesperson! (im pretty sure he sold at least 5 cd's)
5. together, girls from new jersey can speak in stereo about jason mraz.
6. apart, some songs are good. together, some good songs are even better.
7. aldrine's kamaka is heavent sent. (seriously, it made me jealous, after spending $850 on a uke.)
8. i need to learn more songs badly.
9. "This is so much fun" is much funnier in person. (and aldrine is unstoppable)
10. we need to do it again.

Dino
08-14-2008, 10:08 PM
I really have to agree. This was a fun night. Music soothes the soul.....and make you crazy when you play "this is so much fun"! hahahaha.

We have to find out when Aldrine is going to perform on the island to maximize his airfare expense and make a get together then. I wonder if Rayan or Aaron wants to join us?????? hint. hint. hint.

Fred Miu
08-15-2008, 12:15 AM
some things i learned that night:
1. fred is the new "f" word.
5. together, girls from new jersey can speak in stereo about jason mraz.
9. "This is so much fun" is much funnier in person. (and aldrine is unstoppable)

1: yes i AM the F word haha
2: surround sound baby!
3: aldrine couldnt beat me on the 3:17 second battle, he basically gave up. ^_^

tripl3thr33
08-15-2008, 09:28 AM
it seems like i missed out :( i had to work that day, but it sure sounded like fun.

KoloheBoy
08-15-2008, 11:18 AM
it seems like i missed out :( i had to work that day, but it sure sounded like fun.

Damn i was supposed to be going but i screwed up on my world history homework that was worth 50 points and the teacher said if i didnt redo it by the next day it would count as a zero. gah!!! so hard. next time, lETS HAVE IT ON A WEEEEKEEENNNNDN PLEASEE!!!!!!! ::]:]:]:}

Dino
08-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Damn i was supposed to be going but i screwed up on my world history homework that was worth 50 points and the teacher said if i didnt redo it by the next day it would count as a zero. gah!!! so hard. next time, lETS HAVE IT ON A WEEEEKEEENNNNDN PLEASEE!!!!!!! ::]:]:]:}

Without sounding like a parent ( I could probably be your parent).....DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha. Man o man. Just like I tell my 11yo son....you see....wait till the last minute or no do a good job you going suffer, not me! muahahahaha. I hope you can make the next one!

KoloheBoy
08-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Without sounding like a parent ( I could probably be your parent).....DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha. Man o man. Just like I tell my 11yo son....you see....wait till the last minute or no do a good job you going suffer, not me! muahahahaha. I hope you can make the next one!

haha bra i did um. but i just did um wrong! hah thats alright though. Saturdays work perfect for more people so next one is saturday!!:music:woohoo

laietildaend
10-08-2008, 12:45 PM
i could mebee fly down
if i hav da time
i look jus like i do in da avatar but only bigger now

Fred Miu
10-09-2008, 12:54 AM
i could mebee fly down
if i hav da time
i look jus like i do in da avatar but only bigger now

the meet up is over brah, it was in august.

Guting
10-09-2008, 12:59 PM
hahahahahah

Kaneohe til the end
10-10-2008, 01:29 AM
nah, everybody fly down, fred, guting, laie, aldrine, rayan, aaron, then its a meet-up worthy of a golden toilet
http://www.jaunted.com/files/admin/Hong_Kong_Golden_Toilet.jpg
oh yeah