A cool report to share..

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Many of you may remember my Goth Uke build. It was one I rebuilt and designed for a goth kid in the community. Very quiet, withdrawn kid. Anyway, don't want to go over all that again, if you haven't read it, search for Goth Uke and I am sure you can catch up on that situation.

I was at a one of my daughters sporting events (she plays allot of sports, now softball and track). I was aproached by a woman I kinda knew, but had no idea who she was connected to. Turns out, she is the mother of this Goth kid. She said she knew of me, and knew also knew about the Goth Uke I made for her son. She informed me since I had been talking with him, and especially after I gifted him the uke, his attitude has changed around the house. He talks more, smiles more, and shares more of his life with her (she is a single parent). He plays his uke all the time, and rarely is seen without it (odd, I haven't seen him since, lol I guess he's been busy, hahahh). He seems happier than he has been in years. The lil' ukulele has made this kid a happier kid.. Go figure. I think it is just cool that a kid found out about ukes what we already knew.. She said she loves to listen to him play it. Made my day. I just told her to tell him I missed his visits, and to stop by and see me some time, and I hope he enjoys the Uke for a lifetime.. The uke does make a difference.. That's the good stuff folk..

Way to go, Tony.

Making a difference, one person at a time, is simply sharing your own innate goodness. The source of that goodness varies with each person's perception. We know where you get yours.

A blessing shared is a blessing doubled.

-Kurt

Man, I just love reading stuff like this. Makes me want to have cases of ukes to hand out to folks. Thanks for sharing.

Aloha Tudorp,
I like to hear good stories like this...I think you made a significant difference in this kids life...with the uke....You are a big man with a big heart...Thanks for sharing...mm Stan
I hope he turns out as nice as you....all he needed was some of your kind positve guidance...

Last edited:
That's an awesome story. I am sure that the uke had a little to do with it, but more than that your kindness towards him has given him hope, he doesn't know he has yet! I love it!
On a day like today it was REALLY good to hear something so positive!!

He probably needed for someone to show they cared and you filled the bill, Bro'. Way to go!!

I'm misting up. You're a good guy.

The Good Man above reserves special spots in heaven for guys like you Tudorp. Thanks for sharing the story, and the Aloha!

Hey my friends.. Thanks for the kind words, but, that really isn't what it's about. I don't do what I do for my own glory. I do what I do, because it's just the right thing to do, especially in such a screwed up world. I used to never talk about things I have felt led to do, simply because I didn't want to be put on a pedistal. But someone a few years ago told me when they looked behind and saw the man behind the curtain, that I should talk about what the good Lord leads us to do for him, for nothing more than it spreads his works. Someone hears of someone helping a brother, and it sparks the thought for them to go help another brother, and so on, and so on. Doing the right thing is contagious, and I help one, inspire 10 others to help one, that would make 11 people in need helped, and of course that spreads even more and so on, and so on.. Pay if forward I think its called today. Point and case. about 10 years ago, when I was a local business owner. Every Christmas, I got a a community of Jeep owners (another hobby of mine) to bid on a one off t-shirt, some decals and things I would make in my shop, and All the proceeds would be pooled and I would choose one family that I knew was in need around the holidays, walk up to their front door, and hand them a hand full of cash so they could provide a Christmas to their kids, and have a Christmas meal. When they heard what it was for, guys would bid hundreds of dollars for a t-shirt, $20 on up for a $3 sticker. I raised hundreds of dollars to simply hand someone a Christmas for their kids. Man, if I told you some of the stories of hard times that healed at least for the Christmas seasons, they are some real moving stories. Made my heart hurt in a good way being a part of that. Today, 10 years later, other Jeep owners in that club do the same thing, every year at Christmas in their own communities. We each contribute to each other's cause during the seasons, and share stories of the families it has helped through the holidays. Very inspirational. But, the point is, that never would have spread like it did and gone on for over 10 years now, if it wasn't contagious by sharing stories. That is the reason I share stories now, when I used to never share the stories.

Just sayin..

Last edited:
Well...I'm just sayin' some of your posts have been the thing that made me smile on days when I may have felt bleak about the world. Thank you, and please keep posting. Stay healthy bruddah...you mean much to many.

*wipes away a little tear*. That is what it is all about. Making the world a better place one small deed at a time.

wow what a wonderful story. I've had some great experiences liek that with several of my guitar students.
One in particular, parents said their child was diagnosed with ADD and low IQ etc and the docs wanted them on meds, after working with this nervous withdrawn kid, i found out that they were smart as a whip, but with no confidence, because they were always told they had problems, and they had been taught no practical learning skills or how to study efficiantly, or problem solve. And also didn't know that everyone struggels with the same challenges, and everyone has differnet strengths and weaknesses. Several lessons later, a big change, school work inproved dramaticaly, making friends at school, and the parents telling me the docs and teachers sayign they made a mistake. Kid coming into my lesson roomy happy and bouncy instead of sullen and withdrawn.
Kids (and peopel in general) just need a chance to shine, and the tools and support to do it.
Sounds like you gave that to the kid you mentored. Bravo, We need more people like you doing this sort of thing.

That is a great story and I remember reading about it when you gave him the uke. You are awesome and I think it isn't just the uke but your kindness and interest that helped him as well. You ROCK!

You are al life changer. It is a fantastic feeling..... Congratulations Tony!!!!!

Good stuff-thanks for sharing. Wish there was more of this on a daily basis (and there probably is, we just don't hear about it). Seems we are to concerned about reporting the dark in peoples hearts...

Top Bottom