PDA

View Full Version : My ukulele is finally here!

industrialuke
05-02-2011, 03:54 PM
My first ukulele finally came in! :cool: It is a Kala KA-T and it looks and sounds great. A big thanks to Hawaii Music Supply and everyone who has ever posted a recommendation for them or the Kala brand. If it wasn't for this site I am not sure if i would have ever gotten one.

I am so excited that I have been playing for over an hour and got my first hand cramp. Even though my hand is cramped I now understand how addicting and fun it is to play the ukulele.

OldePhart
05-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Cool. Keep on ukin'

After a while you'll find you can play for hours without cramping. Then you'll discover it's hard to remember what else you're supposed to be doing... :)

mm stan
05-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Aloha Industrialuke,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele...Have Fun and Enjoy...Google Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax for awesome ukulele video tutorials and Dr Uke for songs, chords and
Instructions..Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Bon
05-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Congratulations on your new Kala uke! I have a Kala too and I love it! The hand cramps will go away soon, to be replaced by fingertip calluses which are sore at first, then you realize that they're a rite of passage. All ukulele players have fingertip calluses on their left hand.

Nickie
05-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Congrats! But don't forget to stop and stretch your paws and fingers once in a while, or you could develop troubles. Lissen to me, I'm a nurse! Have fun!

itsme
05-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Congrats, and welcome to your new addiction! :p

Kala makes decent instruments. They are not top-of-the-line, but then again, neither are their prices. I really like my Kala thinline tenor. I've got four tenors now, and that's the one I play the most these days. :)