if you rock an eleuke you will have major respect. or any electric ukulele.

Is that a vacuum cleaner? Aren't you supposed to be cleaning your room? ha ha ha. Just teasing. That had a very artistic feel to it.

much respect coming at ya from kansas....

Really good job, Curt! Excellent skillz and good taste in music too!

(I work with Curt's dad and I get the feeling someday I'm going to be saying, "I knew Curt when...") :)

John

thanks everyone! ahahahaha it was a dyson! i want to start posting more and more videos. i would have changed more. i just didnt have enough time!

Heh, heh. Curt, I was IMing your dad this afternoon and I told him I foresee a day in the not too distant future when I'm going to be one of those old geezers sitting in front of the barber shop saying, "I knowed young Curtis when he was just a young whipper-snapper!"

Your dad outted you, man, he says you sing, too so we need to hear some of that! :)

John

i just don't want the singing to take away from the music..

Well, how are we going to know if that's going to happen until you put it out there, eh? :) Seriously, give it a shot. You're probably around the age where your voice may be a bit wild at times but Jonny Lang started about your age or a tad younger and today he's one of the best modern blues vocalists around. The voice is just another instrument, and the earlier you master it the better! Very few musicians make it to the top as instrumentalists alone (with obvious exceptions like Jake S.). That's mostly because, rightly or wrongly, people tend to connect more closely with songs (i.e. lyrics) than with tunes.

Above all, though, have fun with your music. It looks like you are so far, and that's the thing to keep above everything else. You are good enough that when you start "hanging it out" on YouTube as you are you're going to draw the occasional troll and nasty comments from jealous idiots - let that nonsense roll off your back like water off a duck, kiddo, don't ever let them discourage you.

John

loved it curt. awesome playing mate. you did great. looking forward to some more clips and maybe a bit of singing too sometime soon. You play really really well. cheers!

Top Bottom