Appearently, they're called "grits"

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
Apparently, they're called "grits"

I've never seen this guy before but he got a new uke! I hope all the grits are even. :)

Last edited:
I love his enthusiasm. Grits, lol. I first encountered grits in the Army, that stuff's good! As good as poi? Noooooo, but pretty good. I love the haunting out-of-tune tuning on that uke. It's really a nice lookin' uke there. And a C7 is an F...... for fun!

He'll be OK :)

He mentions getting his keyboard. I wonder what that really is? Probably a board with hooks in it that holds keys!

But really, if you were this guys friend, could you believe anything his says? "I know these are called grits". Such conviction. LOL. Simply priceless!!!!!! Best video I've seen this year.

He mentions getting his keyboard. I wonder what that really is? Probably a board with hooks in it that holds keys!

But really, if you were this guys friend, could you believe anything his says? "I know these are called grits". Such conviction. LOL. Simply priceless!!!!!! Best video I've seen this year.

With his enthusiasm, he'll be playing in no time. I left him a comment about UU. Hope he joins and never sees this thread. ;)

It's great to see him so excited! I'm going to leave him a YT comment to come check out UU as well! He'll have us ALL saying grits in no time!

I have that Luna too!!! I loved his enthusiasm, great to see in a new player! Loved the "this is an F something" with C7 :D

It's kinda close though isn't it. C7 is important to the life of F. :)

I hope we don't scare him off the comments and he joins us here. One of us. One of us.

lol why not call them grits? I like it, that my new slang for frets. I was once surprised to find that quarter notes realy WERE called crotchets! lol

thats a sharp looking uke he's got there , i hope he goes far :)

They could have been called grits if he bought that uke from Guitar Center.

Maybe one of the salesguys was messing with him. haha.

let's set that kid straight.

GRITS ! !

woo hoo !

Nah! Grits be mah homeboyz, dawgs.

Tokyo Drift, mmmm, all the carzzzzzz.

Last edited:
Chuckled through the whole thing. I'm from the North....no grits up here.
I hope he comes aboard and entertains us more often. Oh, Youth.

...I hope all the grits are even....
Funny. Grits is also the nickname for the Liberal Party, and coming on the heels of our Canadian federal election, I opened this post expecting a comment on ukulele-playing Liberals (versus, I susppose, the guitar-playing Tories...).

Nice to see that much enthusiasm for the uke. Hopefully he finds his way here.

Top Bottom