Kiwaya KS7

Harrison

Reaction score
I received my Kiwaya KS7 yesterday. I love the low string action, and perfect intonation. As many people said already, the resonance of this instrument is very good. I could not afford the solid wood artist version, but this laminate version is already very nice.

And my Fluke Concert has just arrived. Very busy checking it out. :)

Aloha Harrison,
What the Kiwaya KS7 is a laminate....???? didn't realize that... Congratulations on your 2 new ukuleles..I hope you have many years of enjoyment and fun from them....and now you have a Fluke
concert too..Do you think you may have Ukulele Aquirement Syndrome??? Have Fun and Enjoy yourself...Happy Strummings...thanks For Sharing...MM Stan

Looking at my signature, I cannot deny my UAS.
Yes, KS series is called ECO series, and all are wood laminates, but it is not everywhere laminate, they said these are custom made very think laminate, which although not as valuable as solid wood. They do vibrate well, and is not affected much by humidity and temperature.
It is not the Martin OXK that kind of laminate I think. The Kiwaya one is more woody, while the martin laminate is more like plastic unbreakable. :) I would love to get one Martin OXK too for tough trip, and I can carry it unprotected in a racksack. I would not do the same to my Kiwaya though.

I like the classic look of 12 frets, but I do like a Soprano with more frets, which allow me to play while my guitar gently weep, or Piano forte.

Wow-New Uke Day(s) x 2! Congrats!

Although I've not had the chance to compare them, I'm given to understand that the KS-7 and KTS-7 sound very much the same. My KTS-7 is one of the finest instruments I've ever owned and I've had some doozies ;)

Congrats! The Kiwaya has a feel to it unlike any of my other ukes...and they are so well made.

I am drooling over your KTS-7, it is simply fantastic, so beautiful. But it is too prime for me. My poor playing doesn't fit this decent instrument yet.

Top Bottom