Electric charango

ichadwick

Reaction score
Saw a solid-body charango online for the first time here.
IMCHA135_M.jpg

Looks a bit like an Eleuke, eh?
They also sell an electric ronroco:
IMCHA154_M.jpg

Pricey, but interesting... although I'm not crazy about the design.
I had one of their charangos a few years back, and it was nice but I prefer the uke. A ronroco really intrigues me. Even a charangon looks good... am I developing CAS?

Last edited:
Interesting. I would like an amplified charango but wouldn't necessarily need the sustain of a full electric.
I do have my eye on a made-in-Mexico charango. See this . I like that it goes away from the gourd shap and may actually be easier to hold.
Ernest

When I was in La Paz Bolivia there was a distinct lack of Oxygen in the air, but aside from that there were a lot of serious charango shops Yes you could buy dead Armadillo Charangos if you wanted and they were perfectly playable if a little delicate ther was also wooden ones carved like armadillos. But the serious Charangos wre figure 8 uke side units with a flat back like a Uke some of them were small soprano size which looked quite odd with the enormous neck but others had a body about the size of a tenor and these were the best acoustic ones. Anyhow for the purposes of this feed an number of them stocked solid body electric Charangos, priced and about $160 US, Ive never seen them mail order though

Top Bottom