My first proper uke has arrived!

keymoo

Reaction score
Hi there,

My first proper uke has arrived - a Mainland Mahogany Soprano. A very handsome and nice sounding uke. Just got to learn to play it now... :rolleyes:

5686928730_f533c446a6_b.jpg

:D

Awsome! Enjoy.

gee, that does look pretty. Great choice! Have a ball with it keymoo. :)

I will have the uke handy next to me in my office, any suggestions on a stand? Should I hang it on the wall, use a floor stand or simply put it in its soft gig bag? Any suggestions?

Congratulations! You couldn't have made a better choice.

keymoo -- great looking uke.

Keeping the uke on a stand makes it very handy to grab frequently during the day -- and the more you play, the better you'll get and the more you'll want to play (it's a very vicious, but happy circle!) I'm not a big fan of wall hooks, unless you can find smaller ones that hold the smaller head of a uke properly (most are designed for the typical guitar headstock). And, if humidity (or really the lack thereof) is a problem where you live (the UK? Probably not a problem.) you may want to get a hard case and put it away at night with a Herco tucked inside (or other humidifying device).

My thoughts anyway. Very happy playing to you!

Last edited:
Enjoy! What a neat looking little uke!
Cheers,
Skottoman

Aloha Keymoo,
Congratulations, it looks like a beauty..have fun and enjoy..Happy Strummings......MM Stan

Great uke keymoo, I like the accessability of a stand. Happy uking!

Fortunately I am no longer a "cube rat" so I have the luxury of keeping a uke close at hand during the work day. I work out of my home office which is also my music room. Since it takes up to five minutes for Tomcat to start up on my company laptop and I have to restart Tomcat frequently in the course of developing web apps I get in a fair amount of practice that way.

I don't have a stand mostly because I don't have room for one. I just sit the "uke of the day" on top of my Tonelab LE effects unit which is sitting on top of my guitar amp head which is on top of my oversize 1X12 guitar cab right next to my right elbow. Very convenient and the expression pedal on the Tonelab has a nice rubber pad which keeps the uke from slipping off.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you don't need to get fancy - any solution that keeps your uke close and accessible is a good one.

As someone else mentioned, at the end of the day put the uke up in its case with a humidifier.

John

Top Bottom