New Uke Day!!

mendel

Reaction score
I just received an email from the USPS. My "Hugs and Kisses" Donaldson Concert Custom Ukulele is in transit to my house! I can barely contain my excitement as I am sitting at my desk at work!!! It is a little bit easier because the mailman usually doesn't get to my house until almost 5:00.

UGH!!!! The waiting is the hardest part.....

Sounds awesome. Looking forward to see the pics.

(seriously cute baby in your avatar by the way)

Thanks v30! Thats my boy Jake! He is about 5 months older than the picture now. I think he is even more adoreable, but I am biased!

Hang in there Mendel.. it's almost time!!! Can't wait to see photos. Have a wonderful night strumming with your family!!!

Pre-arrival congratulations! Folks who can't wait to see photos of your new ukulele are sweating out the wait along with you!

I can't believe you posted this before pictures are available! I've seen the ones Brad has posted, but there's nothing quite like pictures taken by a proud new uke owner!

Put them up as soon as you can! The waiting is the hardest part....

Mailman in the immediate vicinity!!!!!!!

Well???

That was like, an HOUR ago!!!!!

We're waiting!

-Kurt

(Did I ever mention I have an Uncle Mendel? He just left for israel Monday...)

Mendel... Are you there? You know you are supposed to let those babies acclimatize before playing them. Pictures. Hurry hurry we can't wait.
Congratulations!!!

gee...I'm on my third bucket of popcorn and 5th bottle of Coke...look what you're doing to me Mendel :drool:

We're waiting.... <foot tap, foot tap, foot tap>

Ok! The Uke arrived. Boy- Bradford packed this thing like it is the nuclear football!!! I cut away theayers of box carefully and opened the styrofoam. Then I hit the bubble-wrap!!! At this point, I could see it...

Pictures dont do it any justice. This Uke is a beauty. The woods are stunning. The body is a bit smart than expected, and it's shape is different than my Lanikai but it feels way more naturL when I hold it. I am in lust with this instrument. I will post pics as soon as I have a moment. I cNt say enough good stuff about it's looks. I have not had the chance to play it yet as I am giving a bi of timefor it to settle I to the 90 degree south Florida air. Inside it is a nice 71, so I need to let it adjust, or so I've heard....

Ok! The Uke arrived. Boy- Bradford packed this thing like it is the nuclear football!!! I cut away theayers of box carefully and opened the styrofoam. Then I hit the bubble-wrap!!! At this point, I could see it...

Pictures dont do it any justice. This Uke is a beauty. The woods are stunning. The body is a bit smart than expected, and it's shape is different than my Lanikai but it feels way more naturL when I hold it. I am in lust with this instrument. I will post pics as soon as I have a moment. I cNt say enough good stuff about it's looks. I have not had the chance to play it yet as I am giving a bi of timefor it to settle I to the 90 degree south Florida air. Inside it is a nice 71, so I need to let it adjust, or so I've heard....

oooooooh you're naughty Mendel!!!

Another big spiel and still no pics. Behave!!!!!! :drool:

My goodness, this is enough foreplay already. Let's get to it!

3ea7f658.jpg
[/IMG]
This was the final layer!!!

I have a bunch more, but the baby just went down. I have to wait to get on a computer again tomorrow!

OK...no jokes no more. you are in dire need of a terrible spanking.

I have a couple of questions...

I have never seen this type of bridge before. I love it because it looks so
Much cleaner to me than having the knots visible on my other Ukes, but how does this work? How can I change the strings?

I notice that the body of the Uke is a bit smaller than my other Concert sizes, but the sound is WAY more full and resonant. I'm wondering... How the heck dis Brad pack so much oomph into a smaller size!?!?!?

Final question.....
How can I ever hope to be worthy of such an incredible instrument!?!?!?

Hi mendel, I am very happy you like your uke. As for changing the strings, there are figure eight knots in the bridge end of the strings. The knot goes into the hole in the back of the bridge, out the slot and over the saddle. It will be obvious when you go to change them. Hopefully after building instruments for twenty seven years, I've learned some things on how to make them sound good. Remember, you are what brings that uke to life, just play it and enjoy it, hopefully it will be in your family for generations.

Brad

Top Bottom