This is just cool..

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I posted this in the marketplace where this uke is posted. But, I wanted to share this here too, because it is cool, and I have never heard a uke do this before.

This specific uke, I finished setup on it last night. I cranked it down to stretch the Aquilas over night. these are the new Nylguts, and not sure if it is them, or just the natural resonance of this uke. But listen to this. As I flip this uke around showing it off for the camera, just the movement of it resonates through the body of it. I did not noticed this until I tuned it up and played it this morning after the set up.. Listen closely as I flip it around for the camera, you can hear the body hum in several spots during movement..

That is like a natural sustain pedal. Its cool and ive never heard of a uke doing that, what wood is it made of?

The body is solid Mahogany, and the neck is maple. I've never had a uke do that either.. Almost feels like a light saber.. lol...

That's a nice uke. I hope your business works out for ya.

I've never had a uke do that to me though.

But... I have mine hanging on the wall and when I sneeze really big, they make noise.

Aloha Tudorp,
That was intresting..how cool...Did you have a fan on pointing towards you, such a you blow on a soda bottle type of effect?? Thanks for sharing...MM Stan

No fan, not even heat or AC running. It was just from moving it around showing it to the camera. I noticed it a little bit when I was recording this, but didn't think much about it until I watched it back. It was "humming" most the time, faintly. You can hear it resonate a hum very slightly when you turn it up with earphone on. Kinda sounded like a light saber, lol..

This one is $229.95, which includes a hard case. Brand new, brand new set up... It is ready to ship right now.

Last edited:
Used to do that alot with my banjo. Now I need to try it with my ukes!

Yeah, I've heard it on banjos with a tight headskin. But never on a uke, or even a guitar for that matter.

Top Bottom