$35 Tweed hardcases up on eBay

crowsby

Reaction score
(+ shipping. For me it was $12)

I was just hunting down a cheap case for my soon-to-be-received Mainland concert uke, and I stumbled across someone selling a few cheap tweed cases on eBay. They're seconds with some minor cosmetic issues. Upon a little hunting around, it looks like they're actually Armor Cases TC-150s.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=ukulele+blemish

I'm a little concerned about it fitting my geared tuners, but from the reviews I've read, I haven't heard anyone complaining about them at least.

Last edited:
But $20 shipping...

I have a tweed case just like the top result there (except in the concert size) and it fits geared tuners with no problems at all.

While not as glitzy as these tweed cases, Amazon has Oscar Schmidt concert hardcases shipped for $43.28. I've got one and it is very nice and well built.

I was also looking at the Musician's Gear case from Music123 for $39 shipped, but I'm not too enthusiastic about buying from Guitar Center/Musician's Friend/etc.

I was also looking at the Musician's Gear case from Music123 for $39 shipped, but I'm not too enthusiastic about buying from Guitar Center/Musician's Friend/etc.

I've got one of Musc 123 Musicians Gear cases. It is only OK. The neck support was too high. Had to take it out shorten it and replace. Also the case is bit smaller (shorter and tighter) than standard concert cases (including the Oscar Schmidt).

I have a Stagg tweed case for my cheapie soprano. It has more of a pineapple shape to it (soprano) but fits my standard shape perfectly. Friction tuners - geared tuners would NOT fit. It was the cheapest hard case I could find and it does a very nice job - in fact it was cheaper than the Uke-crazy-style styrofoam zipper cases, and I like it a lot better. Search on the Bay for soprano stagg case or something like that - I really really like mine.

Here's a link to the one I'm talking about, though I think I paid $35 shipped total. It was a few months ago - sorry I can't remember who sold it!

Linky

(The usual disclaimers - no idea who the seller is, just posting this to show an example of what they look like and the prices...)

Last edited:
I've got one of Musc 123 Musicians Gear cases. It is only OK. The neck support was too high. Had to take it out shorten it and replace. Also the case is bit smaller (shorter and tighter) than standard concert cases (including the Oscar Schmidt).

I've got several of those cases too, and yes, the neck support is way high. But, it is an easy fix to remove them and custom fit and shape them to fit your uke.

Thank you so much for posting the link! I just grabbed one for my incoming Concert Mainland Uke :) Perfect!

Think I can do better for $53 shipped, but thank you very much for passing this on.

Top Bottom