Ukes are for Sunny Days

ukularwarhead

Reaction score
So it has been very cloudy lately, and I find that I have been focusing on my guitar the most recently. Today was a clear-sky, sunny day and the uke just felt right. What do you think? Does weather affect what instruments you feel like playing?

Nope- Uke is for every day. Electric Uke turned up to 11 is for particularly dreary ones

I only have ukuleles, so the weather doesn't seem to matter. It may affect the songs I play, although I hadn't really thought about it.

I can see how that might happen if you're using NylGut and some nylon strings, though. I discovered the hard way that humidity basically kills NylGuts for a day or two. All the sparkle goes away and it sounds so bad I don't even want to play it. Most of my ukes have fluorocarbon, though, and those don't seem to have that problem.

John

Nope- Uke is for every day. Electric Uke turned up to 11 is for particularly dreary ones

Love it. When I lived on the windward side I loved the cloudy days.

Nope. My ukes got a workout this past weekend w/no power & no internet - aftermath of tornadoes. And... when it is raining outside... "Bring me sunshine.." on the uke just works.

ukes for everyday for me, warm or cold, sunny or rainy, feeling down or up, doesn't matter. the type of songs I play are always changeable according to the mood, but the uke is a constant through it all.

Top Bottom