Guadalupe Custom Strings Wound G String Set really livened up my Fluke

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
I want to put a video on this; but, good luck with that. I am very busy.

I wanted to know other people's experience with Wound string sets, in particular, the Low G set.

This setup on my uke has allowed me to play some songs I couldn't before.

ACDC Hell's Bells intro: I'm able to duplicate that ringing type of slow burn at the beginning of this song. Serious fun. Amazing. On a FLuke???!!!

CCR's Down on the Corner: Playing that bass line up front and learning that funky 16ths rhythm chord riff. Shoot me, I've gone to heaven.

These strings have caused me to cringe at playing the old nylon strings I have on 2 other Flukes in the house.

I'd like other input because it feels I discovered a whole new playground on my uke experience.

I had problems with my palm muting - buzzing . I modified my palm position and now get great shuffle beat sound with no buzzing.

slides and bends? oooohhhh man!!! These strings make it sound good.

These strings play loud in comparison to previous Fluke strings that I really need to cleanly grit the grits to eliminate grit noise.

Thanks Frank,
I would like to hear more about these strings..for tone, how long they last, and tension..

Is the fretboard on your fluke made of rosewood? I thought I read somewhere that wound strings were rought of the plastic fretboards used on most flukes.

Is the fretboard on your fluke made of rosewood? I thought I read somewhere that wound strings were rought of the plastic fretboards used on most flukes.

You might have read my concerns but that is the reason I'm going ahead with my experiment. I'll take pics of how things look to date.

I got a plastic grittboard and so far - nada for wear - at least what I can tell.

Top Bottom