New Uke Day..

Uke Whisperer

Reaction score
Drove -up to Wilmington yesterday to look at a couple of specific Ukes at N.C. Ukulele Academy. I forgot they were closed on Wednesdays. I called and left message that I had driven up and would be coming back. Before I left town Kent called and offered to meet me at the shop a little later, so I met some old friends for lunch then stopped back by the shop. Wow, what a nice facility, inventory and owner. Tried-out everything from a Makala Dolphin to a Kamaka Tenor. (I even "plucked" a Kala U-BASS w/amp and shook the walls.)

UAS struck when I was playing around with an OHANA CK-35G. Had not been interested in purchasing a concert, but I did! It sounds good with original "Aq" strings. I was a little surprised because my SK-38 didn't and I changed them to M-600s almost immediately.

It's probably a good thing I was not at all interested in a tenor or I probably would have walked out with a Kamaka! I will be going back soon if my wife will let me, Ha!

hah! 114 UU posts and 3 ukes, you are in beeeeeg trouble :) Congrats on the new uke, enjoy!

Aloha Tom,
congrats on your new Ohana concert...Have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings... yup UAS is contagious..MM Stan

Top Bottom