WTB a gift ukulele for my best friend (a new dad!)

Nuke-ulele

Reaction score
Hello everyone...I haven't got much money to spend (100 is probably the max!) but my best friend and his wife just had their first baby and they need a uke in teh house. He has been trying to learn guitar for a few month, but always wants to play my uke when he is over, and we all marvel at how a few strums of a uke seem to calm the little guy down.

If anyone has anything that would help me out, I would appreciate it! I know beggars can't be choosers, but he is a big guy so a concert or tenor would likely be the best. Laminate, import, ok...whatever I cn get for about 100 bucks!

man there are plenty of great ukes for $100. I love my Mitchell MU70 that I bought for $100 out the door at Guitar Center.

I also picked up a Kala mahogany tenor that is great and can obtained for around $130-$150 usually with a case.

this seems like it might work too for under $100, but I dont know anything about them: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-KALA-MAKALA...52|39:1|66:2|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318 (this was just a random search on ebay, i'm sure there are tons of deals like this)

by the way, you are an excellent friend....Can I be your friend?? Lol.

Thanks everyone! So I walked over the Herb David Guitar Studio a few blocks away on my lunch hour and he has started carrying Kala...previously all they ever had were fleas and Mahalos. Long story short, 60 bucks out the door for a Kala mahogany soprano (I know, I was thinking concert, but wht the heck..it was easy to play, not bad looking for the price, and had geared tuners.) Sounds pretty, too. I have been playing it at my desk for the last hour or so, and I think my cowrkers are ready to have me putit away now! Time to wrap it up! Lets hope the baby grows up to be the next Jake.

Top Bottom