Vancouver Ukulele Circle Mini Documentary

musicmonsterw

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this so I went with Uke Talk. This is a video that shows the local ukulele circle which I go to every month in Vancouver, BC, Canada. It's our take on the joy of spreading the ukulele. I'm sharing this here as a way of saying Aloha from the corner of the world where I live.

http://vimeo.com/23290994

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your great video. Looks like you have a wonderful group of talented 'ukulele players in Vancouver!

Thanks for posting your great video. Looks like you have a wonderful group of talented 'ukulele players in Vancouver!

Thanks! I'm not the director of this video. I'm just one of the ukulele players that he interviewed. I just wanted to share his great work and also the wonderful work of Ralph Shaw, the founder of our group.

Wow Thanks for sharing...they all look like they are having a wonderful time....wish I was there...Happy Strummings...MM Stan
How awesome to have Ralph Shaw the founder of your group....Aloha from Hawaii:)

That's lovely!

10 years! Congratz! I bought Ralph's kids' course and my nephew loves the songs!

Really enjoyed that Ronin. Beautiful snapshot of what you guys are doing. Looks like fantastic fun and what a lovely venue to meet in. Blessings mate.

Gosh, that looks wonderful. How fun!

Looks fun. I'm going to try to go this month, for the first time--I just need to convince a friend to come along.

Oh, and I see that there's a baby who has joined the circle, and is already up on stage!

Looks fun. I'm going to try to go this month, for the first time--I just need to convince a friend to come along.

Oh, and I see that there's a baby who has joined the circle, and is already up on stage!

That's awesome! Please let me know if you're coming and I'll keep an eye out for you. :) Oh, and yes, we start them young at VUC. ;)

I wont need much convincing littlebird! I will have to bring Em's along. Its only fair as its her Uku too.

Thanks for the video. It captures the spirit.

I have a Ralph Shaw strum DVD. I love it. He's lots of fun on the DVD.

Nice video! Thanks for sharing, Ronin. As much as I enjoy our local group, it pales next to yours....

Nice video! Thanks for sharing, Ronin. As much as I enjoy our local group, it pales next to yours....

I'm sure your local group is just grand! Well, Don, if you have ever have the time, Vancouver and the Ukulele Circle would gladly welcome you! Third Tuesday of every month. :)

That was a great documentary. Thanks so much for sharing it! I don't get to attend our little monthly uke group very much. We are lucky to get 10 people! What fun!

That was a great documentary. Thanks so much for sharing it! I don't get to attend our little monthly uke group very much. We are lucky to get 10 people! What fun!

When Ralph started the group, there were only 10 people. It's really grown! It's too big for one meeting place. We have offshoot groups and alternative meeting nights now.

Top Bottom