New uke week!

jalapeno

Reaction score
My mania was particularly poorly controlled this week and I ended up going on a uke shopping spree :) Well, not really... only the Les Paul is "technically" mine. Got the pair of aNueNue U900s (from Uke Republic) - one for my daughter and the other for my wife (for Mother's day... ha!). FYI, I stumbled upon the Les Paul at a random Guitar Center somewhere in South Jersey. Partyin', partyin', YEAH!!!

IMG_8497.jpg

Aloha Jalapeno,
Congratualtions..on the new ukes..sounds justified to me....fun and memorable family uke times ahead...no forget to take pictures or videos..Happy Strummings, MM Stan

Watched some of your vids, it is awesome that you and your family can share the music.

Cool! You got the tobacco sunburst Les Paul! How's the intonation, and did you have to sand/file down the corners of the nut because they were too sharp?

Even though I've got one of the Heritage Cherry Sunburst models (thanks again, Pedalfreak and Tudorp!), I've still got one on order from my local Epi Shop - and I'm hoping it is the tobacco sunburst that shows up!

(And maybe when I get the 2nd one, I'll beg Tudorp to set up the first one or me!)

-Kurt

Cool! You got the tobacco sunburst Les Paul! How's the intonation, and did you have to sand/file down the corners of the nut because they were too sharp?

Even though I've got one of the Heritage Cherry Sunburst models (thanks again, Pedalfreak and Tudorp!), I've still got one on order from my local Epi Shop - and I'm hoping it is the tobacco sunburst that shows up!

(And maybe when I get the 2nd one, I'll beg Tudorp to set up the first one or me!)

-Kurt

Yes, the nut corners were definitely too sharp... I took a Revlon finishing file to it stat :) The strings that came installed sounded dead, so I replaced them right away with Martin fluorocarbons... much better now. Surprisingly, the intonation is nearly spot on. The action is pretty low too. No protruding grit ends either. It was $100 definitely well spent. I was really shocked to see it in the store... it was all vibrant and glowing in a glass case. It's not a store I'd ever been to before either (2 hours away from home), but I was in the area for work and figured I might as well pop in. I had such a big stupid grin on my face when I saw it... it barely even bothered me when some toothless guitar-playing guy asked me to play "Tiptoe..." :)

Top Bottom