Donna Lee on the uke

edmundwhitehead

Reaction score
You've heard it played on the Sax by the great Charlie Parker, on the Trumpet by Winton Marsalis, on the Bass by Jaco Pastorius, and on the guitar by Joe Pass. Now it's the uke's turn.

This is a cracking tune, one that has gone down as one of the most famous jazz tunes in history, it's my honour to be playing it

In the video I play the tune twice, with an improvised solo in the middle. I played this with a band at a concert last month, but I'm trying to find a video of it. If I find one I'll upload it, but for now, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JhwWv0nZpI

Wow... That's some awesome picking. Somehow the way that you hold the uke it looks like you're playing a cello or double bass. :confused:

Wow... That's some awesome picking. Somehow the way that you hold the uke it looks like you're playing a cello or double bass. :confused:

That would make sense, seeing as I play both those instruments. For some reason I only hold it like that when I'm sitting down, when I stand I hold it sideways like a guitar. I guess it just feels more comfortable that way. Thanks for your commenting!

Top Bottom