I will miss uke :(

Regster

Reaction score
My ko'olau uke is heading to the ko'olau headquarters for a misi pick up installation tomorrow. Its been along and hard decision of deciding weather to have the uke pickup installation be local or not.

Also want to thanks ko'olau for there great customer service. I called them if I can use there shipping rate since the shipping rate here is super damn expensive. Ups said its 200 just to send a uke to hawaii can you believe that.

Now I am really nervous for what the outcome of my will be once it return here. I don't trust shipping ukes. When I bought my ko'olau I went all the way to indiana 3 hrs away to reno's music. They hve a kanilea n ko'olau n pono. It was between the kanilea n ko'olau. I choose ko'olau because it sounds better to me. The kanilea sounds good too but I prefer the ko'olau. I am just spending time with my ukie before she goes travelling sniff, sniff, I hope she comes back safe.

As long as it was in a hardcase, and packed well, it should be fine. I've had 2 ukes shipped from Hawaii in the past few years, and both were not 'cheap', and both arrived in perfect condition.

Cheers,
Skottoman

Last edited:
...the shipping rate here is super damn expensive. Ups said its 200 just to send a uke to hawaii can you believe that.
No, I can't. $200 from Ohio to Hawaii just doesn't sound right. Even well packed, it should not be over 10 lbs. or excessively large.

How did MGM manage to ship ukes from HI for relatively peanuts?

Aloha Regster,
Wow that is a long way and quite expensive......isn't there a local uke shop in your area...didn't ukecowboy have a misi he took out of his baritone extra he didn't like...send him a PM...MM Stan
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...Matrix-Infinity-System-Ukulele-Version-Review

I wouldn't trust luthiers here. Most of them is not knowleadgeable about the uke. I talked to some of them about the pick ups, and they don't even know what a misi pick up is. I wouldn't want somebody to install something they know nothing about. Also if I send it to ko'olau I get to keep my warranty which is a big plus.

No, I can't. $200 from Ohio to Hawaii just doesn't sound right. Even well packed, it should not be over 10 lbs. or excessively large.

How did MGM manage to ship ukes from HI for relatively peanuts?

That is why I called ko'olau, and used there shipping rate instead of here which is cheaper. Now I only pay 50 plus the installation of a misi pick up its 200 for everything, good deal for me.

Wow! That seems very excessive for shipping. I sent my pineapple to Kamaka for some work a couple of weeks ago and it was under $20.

$200 for round trip shipping sounds about right. It's the weight of the hard case, and the insurance too.

Top Bottom