The Coolest Surprise Gift Ever. The Kala Pocket Uke, anonymously sent!

That is so cool! Whoever sent you that meant for it to be played as well as you just did! Love the arrangement & the cool chord transitions. Whoever thought that that little pocket uke would sound so sweet?

[Side note: "That boy ain't right" - your webcam test video on your site is a scream.]

Last edited:
Yeah, I was really surprised. I remember when these ukes hit the scene, I really didn't have an interest in buying one because I thought the sound would be - well - bad. But it's really a great little uke. Thrilled to have it!

I've been MIA as well...doing a lot of traveling and work, but THIS called for a check-in for sure!

I almost played Pure Imagination as my demo song for the Pocket Uke, but decided You've Got A Friend was more appropriate. :)

I've been MIA as well...doing a lot of traveling and work, but THIS called for a check-in for sure!

I almost played Pure Imagination as my demo song for the Pocket Uke, but decided You've Got A Friend was more appropriate. :)

I think you made the right choice! :)

Very cool! :) Who wouldn't love to get a surprise like that?

But... obviously it's someone you know because they had your delivery address and knew you were "whining" about not being able to carry an uke to Russia.

great playing, i got one last week, i got a acacia one to, but it is a bit hard for me as i have only been playing a few months, how do you have it tuned, i was told to tune it to D ?? but this is not the case on kala's site, i prefer it in E or F, also if you play it just on your own do you still have to transpose the chords or can i get away with the chord shapes for when im playing in C , i understand if i was playing with other ukers i would have to transpose, but on my own was wondering if i can still play as if i was tuned in c, i understand it wont sound like c ,anyway they are beautiful ukes and i love playing mine or attempting to :) i wish someone would send me a solid koa tenor or soprano, i was wondering if any makes would if i got there logo tattoo'd on myself have a great weekend and keep on plucking :)

many many thanks for that, really appreciate that and the advice is so helpful, transposing is a little tough, but nothing like a good challenge :), but im happy to use the key of c chordh shapes if im playing or practicing on my own, as this little uke comes in rather handy on trips away if i still want to practice daily which i love to do , cant go a day without picking up a uke, once again thanks for your help, very much appreciated :)

Top Bottom