anyone seen or heard from musicguymic?

greg_usa

Reaction score
i can't get a hold of him. he hasn't been responding to my emails and the phone number from his ebay store is disconnected. I'm waiting on a case that i paid for over two months ago. I'm hoping this is all a misunderstanding. hopefully he's on the forum or someone can let me know if his contact info has changed.

He has gone out of business due to health problems. I'm not a computer person or I'd link the threads about it. Somewhere there is a phone number for him. He has serious health issues so please don't get upset with him.

Here are the search results for Mike's recent posts on the forum. He became ill, his eBay store apparently got hacked and is now closed, he can't access his PayPal account, and at least for a time he couldn't get into his AOL email account. He's been trying to meet all the orders that have been made, but he has admitted that without access to his eBay and PayPal accounts, he doesn't know if he has remembered each outstanding order. I think his new phone number is 808 927 7297. He's been inundated with calls and emails from peopls whose orders haven't been filled yet (including me), so try to be patient.

thanks guys. i had no idea he was ill. i feel terrible for his situation and wish him a speedy recovery. i just posted on the 'read this' thread which seems to be where most people were posting their order details.

Thank you for posting the number. Just was on the phone with Mic for about 15 minutes. He is shipping out my case today. I'm so sad to hear how ill he's been and even sadder to hear that his staff at the store didn't do right by him. Not much I can say about that except that Karma is a bitch.

I was happy to hear that Mic has managed to keep his sense of humor throughout all of this and has a positive outlook.

Lastly, I hope that anyone that was refunded through pay-pal but received their product will do the right thing and send him a check. I know this was posted already - but he asked that people please don't try and get him the money back through pay-pal as they have locked him out. I'm sure anyone who hasn't done so yet, probably just doesn't know the situation. I know for one - I had no idea he was ill and was admittedly frustrated about not hearing back on my order.

God bless you Mic - thoughts and prayers with you for a speedy recovery!

I've been watching this and as a one time Ebay seller with over 10,000 feedback (I ended my account a few years ago and do NOT miss Ebay) I have to say, Ebay is NOT kind, sympathetic, or forgiving of ANY weakness. Get sick, injured, etc and they'll freeze your accounts and clean you out. Heck, you're at a big enough risk of that even if you're perfectly well.

My deepest sympathies go to MGM and I hope he can get back on his feet. He's well known enough that I think he may be able to make a go of things just fine setting up his own page. The 100's of dollars monthly that go for Ebay fees should pay for a really akamai webmaster and he'll be providing a local job.

Thank you for posting the number. Just was on the phone with Mic for about 15 minutes. He is shipping out my case today. I'm so sad to hear how ill he's been and even sadder to hear that his staff at the store didn't do right by him. Not much I can say about that except that Karma is a bitch.

I was happy to hear that Mic has managed to keep his sense of humor throughout all of this and has a positive outlook.

Lastly, I hope that anyone that was refunded through pay-pal but received their product will do the right thing and send him a check. I know this was posted already - but he asked that people please don't try and get him the money back through pay-pal as they have locked him out. I'm sure anyone who hasn't done so yet, probably just doesn't know the situation. I know for one - I had no idea he was ill and was admittedly frustrated about not hearing back on my order.

God bless you Mic - thoughts and prayers with you for a speedy recovery!

Thanks for the update on Mike!

I'm glad that you were able to speak with him. I think it must be so painful for him to be in this situation.

Well that kind of tarnishes the Friday Follies vids. :( I remember a similar situation with a business back home. The young immature staff got up to some shennanigans. I guess the same thing happened here. Better not cross my path here in Finland or in SC is all I gotta say.

Mic is a stand-up guy. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Also best wishes for all that have had, and are having, their patience tested by this unfortunate situation.

Sorry to hear that there are also issues with Mike's staff. The YouTube vids of Mike and staff jamming are a serious kick. Always thought Mike must have been a cool boss to provide a work environment that included doing some serious rocking and a boatload of laughs.

I'm ready to buy something from you Mike when you're back in action.

I'm ready to buy something from you Mike when you're back in action.

He is, in action. While he's still sorting through the "old" orders, he's also taking new ones, over the phone. For those that know MGM, he'll set you up right. I believe he's dropped (or is planning to drop) his lower end `ukulele and stick to the midrange Factory instruments (Kamaka, KoAloha, Kanilea et al) and higher end stuff.

He keeps bugging me weekly to finish his thinline since Kala's are non-existent (or not for sale by him if they were because of some issues).

I had ordered a Kala from Mike back around April 12th in hopes that it would arrive in time for Easter. Did not hear from Mike, saw his ebay store was closed and I began to panic. I found this forum and started to piece together what was going on with him. I emailed his store, from ebay, called a few numbers that I had found, everything short of smoke signals and carrier pigeons. Still no word from him.

After reading countless threads that proclaimed Mike was a stand up guy, and hearing rumblings that he was getting his orders out, i decided to wait. I figured that I should cover my self so I ran up to the Big Box guitar store and bought a Lanikai so my daughter would have a great Easter, and she did...and I waited.

I saw last week that MGM had updated my eBay purchase to 'shipped', and sure enough, my Kala arrived on May 5th. Everything was as advertised and when you compare the Lanikai with the MGM Kala, there is a difference. The fret dressing was worth the wait, and as we all know by now, the delay was beyond any ones control.

Hopefully, those of you still waiting on Mike will find this encouraging. You can add me to the list of those who will vouch for his integrity. I look forward to purchasing Southern Uke from mgm

Aaron, Much Mahalos for da update and da kokua you geeving Mike . . . if wasn't fo you guya ova dea the info would nevah get out. Malama Pono!

I've known MGM for years and have only the highest opinion of him. I know the impeccable way he ran his business when he wasn't so ill and am confident he will take care of everyone who has outstanding purchases when he is physically able. Michael is an honorable, honest person and a friend who cares about his customers. I'm sure he's doing his best for everyone under almost impossible conditions.
I add my name to the long, long list of well wishers for MGM.

Steve

Just wanted to give an update that Mike sent out the case that I was waiting on. It arrived on Friday and I'm thrilled.

It sounds like various issues between ebay and pay-pal have caused him to lose tabs on some orders that were open while all this went down. Once I followed up with the details he took care of it immediately. So if anyone is waiting on something or hasn't heard from MGM - I would encourage you to call or email him.

Thanks again Mike and positive thoughts and prayers to you for a speedy recovery!

ACTUALLY I AM STABLE BUT SOME DAYS VERY ILL FEELING THE LIVER CAUSES MY AMMONIA LEVELS TO RISE AND CAUSES MEMEORY AND OTHER TYPICAL BRAIN FNCTIONS PORBLEMS. tHIS IS MY THIRD FAILRE WITH MY 2002 ONE ALOMOST ABOUT 24 FROM BEING WITH THE LORD HOPEFULLY I WILL WIN THIS ONE AGAIN YES 808-927-7297 IS MY NEW PHONE NUMBER AN ALTHOUGH I SOLD OUT HALF I STILL HAVE THOUSAND OR SO IN STOCK AND LOTS OF PROJECTS AND BLEMS AS WELL AS SUPLLIES AS SRINGS ETC i CAN ONLY DO CREDIT OVER PHONE NOW THAT ME AN NEMISIS EBAY/PAYPAL ARE IN DISPUTES. I APPECIATE ALL THE KIND EMAILS BUT TRY O KEEP IT TO THREADS OR BOARDS AS IT IS TAXING TO ANSWER SO MANY LOVE YOU ALL MGM

Good to hear from you Mike. I continue to keep you in my prayers. You have been a big part in a lot of our lives and just know we are thinking of you!

ACTUALLY I AM STABLE BUT SOME DAYS VERY ILL FEELING THE LIVER CAUSES MY AMMONIA LEVELS TO RISE AND CAUSES MEMEORY AND OTHER TYPICAL BRAIN FNCTIONS PORBLEMS. tHIS IS MY THIRD FAILRE WITH MY 2002 ONE ALOMOST ABOUT 24 FROM BEING WITH THE LORD HOPEFULLY I WILL WIN THIS ONE AGAIN YES 808-927-7297 IS MY NEW PHONE NUMBER AN ALTHOUGH I SOLD OUT HALF I STILL HAVE THOUSAND OR SO IN STOCK AND LOTS OF PROJECTS AND BLEMS AS WELL AS SUPLLIES AS SRINGS ETC i CAN ONLY DO CREDIT OVER PHONE NOW THAT ME AN NEMISIS EBAY/PAYPAL ARE IN DISPUTES. I APPECIATE ALL THE KIND EMAILS BUT TRY O KEEP IT TO THREADS OR BOARDS AS IT IS TAXING TO ANSWER SO MANY LOVE YOU ALL MGM
Wishing you a speedy recovery too and glad to hear you are still in the business..All the best bruddah, MM Stan

Top Bottom