MISI question

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have been reading the forum a lot and have heard this term. What does it stand for? I am assuming it is a pickup to amplify your uke? Can you use it with any amplifier? can it go on any uke? I have some Kala's I would try stuff on. I would appreciate it if someone could just explain it some for me. Maybe a pic of what one looks like installed? Thanks, rem

It is a pickup option that many of us have installed in our ukes (myself included). The nice part is you don't have to carry a battery in your uke -- you just charge it up with the charger or a 9v battery.
acoustic-trio.jpg

Here is a video of Joe Souza from Kanilea installing one into one of his ukes.
http://www.viddler.com/explore/ukeunderground/videos/153/

Here is a link to the manual so you can read more about it.
http://www.promusicaustralia.com/guitar/MiSi/trio.manual.pdf

Hope that helps.

I've had mine since october and have never had to charge it. Really crazy how long it lasts.

I have been reading the forum a lot and have heard this term. What does it stand for? I am assuming it is a pickup to amplify your uke? Can you use it with any amplifier? can it go on any uke? I have some Kala's I would try stuff on. I would appreciate it if someone could just explain it some for me. Maybe a pic of what one looks like installed? Thanks, rem
Mi-Si Acoustic Trio review . . . .
Really? I've charged it every time I plugged in. Perhaps I should settle down a little bit.
The charge should last approximately 16 hours.

Can't go wrong w/ the Mi-Si. I was a little worried about it at first but after Mike with Mainland sent my Ukulele with one in it I plan to install one in my other uke now too. Ask around but I'm sure most folks will say the same thing. Mi-Si is the way to go! :)

watched the video. that looked relatively simple in a perfect world! HA! Where is a good place to buy one of these? In any local guitar shop?

I have the MiSi/LRBaggs setup in six of our performance ukuleles. It does a fantastiic job.

Places to by:

Elderly
Mainland
eBay
Kala

I was testing an amp yesterday and plugged my tenor with the MiSi acoustic trio in for the first time since our Christmas service. Somewhat to my surprise it was fine. New capacitors are awesome - on a side note, that's why you don't want to go poking around in high-voltage equipment like a tube amp if you don't know what you're doing. A lot of older equipment, and some new equipment, doesn't have bleeder resistors and the high-voltage supply caps can hold a lethal charge (350-600V) when the amp has been unplugged for weeks.

John

Can you run directly into a PA with this pickup?

jbm,
Yes, you can run straight into the board with this pickup. I swear by mine. It has never let me down.

Make sure you deal with a very reputable shop with good techs. Problems can occur if the pickup contact between the saddle and the bridge are not perfect. To name a few, they include:
Elderly
Mainland
Kala
Uke Republic
Hawaiianmusicsupply

Last edited:
Highly rec the MiSi. Had MGM install one in my son's uke and it has worked great. Since MGM is ill I am having Hawaii Music Supply on North Shore install one on our newest uke, havn't gotten it yet, hopefully they will do as good of a job as MGM. Love the MiSi though.

Top Bottom