Anyone else finding Mainland Ukuleles unresponsive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derg

Reaction score
I had heard so many good things about Mainland ukes from all you nice people that I went and placed an order for a Banjo Uke from them two weeks ago. I was sent an automated email on the day, but have heard nothing since. I then sent Mike an email four days ago just checking up on the order, but have still not heard anything back.

Now, I don't want to moan, especially as I know that they do loads for this community, but I guess this just seemed a little weird to me.

So are they taking a break or something? Is there anything I should know? Or maybe this is a perfectly reasonable amount of time to wait. I guess I would just like a bit of perspective as I know lots of you have dealt with Mainland before and by the sound of things really enjoyed the experience.

Thanks.

UWC is coming up quick. Perhaps he is extra extra busy with all the extra logistics planning.

CAll him. I talked to him on the phone several times before I bought. Very responsive.

Awesome seller. There has to be a reason, and a good one, so give him the benefit. I am not positive where his shop is, but I know allot of places have communication issues due to the weird weather we been having. But, I would put money on it that there is good reason, and you are not forgotten.

I just got my Mainland uke today, set up to perfection.

Mike answered my emails promptly, and my experience is that he is extremely responsive.

Aloha Derg,
Let me say this, Mike is a very responsive and reputable dealer and a wonderful person...have you though he might not have received your email...
It would have been nicer of you handling it priviately by PM ing him, calling him or try emailing him again....sorry to hear of your issues, Good Luck, MM Stan

Last edited:
Hi Derg,
I always try to respond to my emails the same day, I'm not sure if I recieved the email you are refering to.
Try it again or you can call me at 812-988-6760, we will be in the shop Saturday too.

I sent Mike an email this week asking about a banjo uke, he promptly responded, as he always does. If you have any doubt about email, give them a ring. Mike rocks!

Things happen. Really.

I just ordered some parts from Mike and they arrived very quickly. Maybe your automatic e-mail never made it to him? Call him. He really does have awesome customer service.

I honestly wasn't trying to be rude and I hope it didn't come across like that. After MGM getting ill and people being confused, I wanted to check that that it wasn't something like that before I bombarded Mike with emails. I was just trying to gage whether I was being unrealistic. I'm bassed in the UK, so didn't really want to call the US.

Mike, I didn't realise you were actually a forum member here. I will send another email now.

Thanks guys.

Just heard from Mike. Seems like it was just a little mistake, some bad luck and some impatience from me. :eek: The uke shipped a while ago and is probably on it's way now.

So panic over. Now to get on with the important stuff: The rabid anticipation of new ukenes.

Let the excitement commence. :D

Do NOT wear out your carpet with all the pacing. Waiting can be the best part. Oh! That, and opening the box.

I honestly wasn't trying to be rude and I hope it didn't come across like that. After MGM getting ill and people being confused, I wanted to check that that it wasn't something like that before I bombarded Mike with emails. I was just trying to gage whether I was being unrealistic. I'm bassed in the UK, so didn't really want to call the US.

Mike, I didn't realise you were actually a forum member here. I will send another email now.

Thanks guys.
The neat part about all this is the vendors we always recommend are valued members of this community. Glad everything fell in place.

I would call him. I know one time I found that one of his e-mails to me got routed into my "spam" folder. Not sure why - I'm sure he probably uses an ordinary commercial ISP like most of us and sometimes if they don't police their members well their mail servers get flagged as sources of spam. It's even happened to me - my e-mails to a good friend of mine were going into his spam folder for a while.

Edit: Oh, I see it's already been cleared up - that's what I get for answering a post without reading the whole thread first! :blush:

John

Yea Mike's the man and always was clear cut and quick to reply. I think the issue is on your end. As Mike wrote maybe he didn't get your e-mail but you can easily call him too. Mike contacted me on his weekend to help me out and I know many others on here who will back the fact that Mike's a great guy and a great Ukulele seller.

Things happen. Really.

I just ordered some parts from Mike and they arrived very quickly. Maybe your automatic e-mail never made it to him? Call him. He really does have awesome customer service.

Ordered some parts?? Are you gonna swap out the neck on the MB because you have grown tired of flamingos?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom