Just some pictures of my new Vivace Ukulele

fabioponta

Reaction score
Hi UU, I'm very happy with my new brasilian uke!

Just some pictures of my new Vivace Ukulele:
This is a soprano uke made ​​in Brazil by Renato Casara luthier, in the Vivace Musical Parts, located in Espírito Santo state, in the little city of João Neiva.

Renato produces soprano and concert ukuleles since 2009, and he also produces violas (tipical 10 steal strings country instrument from Brazil). He will produces your first tenor ukes for sale at september.

Last year, he and his little team produced 150 of that soprano ukulele to the School of Music of Espirito Santo (Fames) teach their children.

characteristics:
Back and sides: solid Pau-ferro (also known as "brasilian ebony")
Top: solid italian spruce
Neck: andiroba
Fingerboard: rosewood
Nut and saddle: bone
Finish: Satin
Tuners: friction tuners
Strings: Aquila

Price: the equivalent of U$180

DSC08342.jpgDSC08337.jpgDSC08339.jpgDSC08343.jpgDSC08341.jpg

It took me a minute, but, after staring at it for a bit, kinda diggin it. The rosette is kinda odd, but that is my draw many times. I think I'm likin it.

Aloha Fabioponta,
Congratulations on your new ukulele..it is absoultely beautiful..glad to hear that someone is making ukuleles there available to the local ukers....Have fun and enjoy,,,Happy strummings, thanks for
sharing..MM Stan

Does it sound as good as it looks?
Don

Picked right up on that cavaquinho/charango insipred rosette. Nice looking uke, looks like a nice deep body for a soprano. Let us hear it when you get a chance.

Raised rosette is HAWT and that wood- what is it? It kinda looks like walnut but I am thinking not...stunning uke for sure

It's been interesting learning from international UU members how difficult finding an ukulele outside the US can be. Congratulations on finding an instrument, fabioponta! Looks great!

How's that beauty sound so far?

Very Nice! Is that fretboard radiused?

That is a nice piece of work. I have always liked the feel & sound of brazilian instruments. If you can do a sound clip, that would be great.

Pau Ferro is a great wood for backs & sides. Giannini & others make good use of it also.

Here's another photo of headshock. The rosette is actually very funny, but is very pretty and different too. Tastes Fluke or Flea for me. Yes, It has a fretboard radiused!

Ah, the Vivace also makes pineapples soprano parts with this rosette style. I´ll found some photos with some friends here.

Pau-ferro could be translated as ´ironwood´ in english , and is also called ´caviúna´ here in Brazil. It is widely used in instruments Tagima, Jackson and other national and international brands, especially for sides and back, and is considered a soft wood and sturdy.

The sound of it is very bright because of the thin spruce top and volume is very loud and strong. I think the pau-ferro leaves the well-balanced sound. The action is a little high, but nothing that interferes with the playability.

I'll make a video on Monday or Tuesday, so wait get my zoom h1 to true sound.

DSC08340.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom