Looking for uke teacher using Skype

iDavid

Reaction score
I am looking for a Uke teacher, who teaches using Skype.

I am in Japan, so the time difference is a bit of a challenge, depending where the teacher lives.

I am would like to learn some blue-grass type music.... claw-hammer

I am pretty open to other styles as well, I have hit a bi of a wall and come use guidance.

not sure if this is the right forum...

thanks

You COULD send an PM to thejumpingflea. I believe he is still teaching. I don't know about claw-hammer and such though.

I contacted him and responded really quick and I am seriously considering him. I think he is a great teacher, but his price is double of others I have seen. He may very well be worth it, but I think it makes sense to look around.

If it is clawhammer you are looking to learn you may want to contact Aaron Keim of Beansprout Ukuleles and Boulder Acoustic society. I attended a clawhammer workshop of his in Italy a few years ago, and it was really informative. Im not sure if he does skype lessons, but if I was looking to learn more clawhammer that is definitely who I would contact.

Take care,
Thomas

If it is clawhammer you are looking to learn you may want to contact Aaron Keim of Beansprout Ukuleles and Boulder Acoustic society. I attended a clawhammer workshop of his in Italy a few years ago, and it was really informative. Im not sure if he does skype lessons, but if I was looking to learn more clawhammer that is definitely who I would contact.

Take care,
Thomas

I contacted Aaron first and he seems like a really nice guy, but he was just too busy.

Good teachers are hard to find, and Mike seems really talent at just that. I'll just give him a go when he has a slot.

As far as clawhammer goes, an hour or two with Aaron would be better than a hundred hours with anyone else. Bug him and then bug him some more. Dont let him say no. Half an hour every two weeks, it will give you plenty of time to practice what he teaches you, and shouldnt stress him too much. Make it so he cant say no. It will be worth it if it is really clawhammer that you want to learn, then learn the other stuff from somebody else.

Just my worthless opinion.

Take it any way you can get it,
Thomas

I talked to Gorden at Mya-Moe and he recommend someone. Seems like it will work out and I am pretty excited!

Still looking for a teacher. I live in Japan and the time difference is a huge deal breaker. I need to find a teacher who offers Skype lessons and lives in either the EU, Asia or Australia. I've seen some in the UK, but with the pound to dollar conversation... I'd go broke.

I have the summers off, so I might be able to set up lessons with a few of the people I've talk to, but long-term just doesn't seem to work.

Top Bottom