Another Uke Giveaway

Dominator

Reaction score
Ok folks. I mentioned a while back to a few people from UU that I had a Lehua Concert ukulele that I was going to do a little work on and then give it to someone in need. I remember seeing a video of a young player performing one of his first original songs a while back. The song was great but the intonation on his uke was off so bad I thought to myself, man this kid needs a better uke. Well, I'm not 100% positive but I think that person was the receipient of GX9901's Pono.

Since Deach keeps a pretty good handle on this stuff I will consult with him and maybe the UU staff and see if we can come up with a needy candidate for this uke.

Mike DaSilva gave me this uke (which I think he won it at Uke Fest West in Santa Cruz) to use for doing my tabs. I needed multiple ukes for different tunings and Mike was gracious enough to offer it to me. Now that I have been building my own ukes I don't necessarily need this one now and would like to send it on a new journey in hopes that someone can make use of it until they can afford something better.

The fret ends were really sharp as the fretboard has shrunk a bit over the years. Today I dressed the frets, replaced the tuners with a set of imitation Gotohs from Ebay that are actually a pretty decent set of friction tuners, ,made a new ebony saddle and put a set of Aquilla Nylguts on it. As soon as the strings settle in I will check the saddle for intonation and it will be ready to go. When I'm done tuning her up I will make a short video and post it on YT. She should make someone a decent interim ukulele.

One more reason why Dom is the MAN!!!!!!!

ihartDom.

When I first met you at Mika DaSilva's I had an urge to call you "Uncle Dom" haha You just give off that kind of friendly/close/family kinda vibe I think. xP Such an awesome guy. :)

Very generous of you Dom. Way to go!

How many awesomes do I have to say in order for the forum software to accept the post?

AwesomeAwesomeAweome! :nana:

^ hahaha i couldn't agree more
im starting to love the word another :)

... i already forget what i was going to say from when i clicked the post reply button, nice uke... i would like it - but dont think i really need it + i dont want another embarrassing attempt in losing another contest LmFao

+1 Fred Miu whoo

lol, i love the captions.
the ukulele- no the player

amazing uke, uncle dom :D i love the look of the pegs, hope it goes to someone who plays the hell out of it.

would say myself but i got a Gstring coming

Top Bottom