Smokers' Special - 2 handmade sopranos, 1 Stewart Macdonald kit and 1 Zebrawood

Vic D

Reaction score
It's been brought to my attention from a buyer of one of my ukes recently that it smelled like smoke. Here are two ukuleles that come from a smoke filled home. These will be polished before shipped as usual but if you're sensitive to smoke stop reading here... just walk away.

The Stewart Mac kit is solid mahogany with grover geared tuners and ice-blue corian nut and saddle... the body is a little misshapen, it was my first uke build.. the fretboard dots are just barely contrasting oak, it sounds really nice and I've been playing it daily. $80.00 Shipped

The zebrawood has a solid mahogany top, spanish cedar neck, indian rosewood fretboard, bone nut and sadle and walnut binding. This was one of my first builds and it just doesn't have the volume that I prefer.. but if you're not looking for a sound canon then the price on this one is right.. $70.00 Shipped

Consider these ukes slightly used, the finish isn't perfect and there are some nicks and light scratches here and there.

They both have fresh sets of Aquilla strings, a fresh polish and the fretboards lemon oiled. If I don't have any takers by this evening they'll go on ebay with a buy it now. I don't usually have a vehicle, so give me a week to box it up and ship it out. If waiting two weeks for your ukulele bothers you then... again, just walk away.

Last edited:
Loved that first pic! And the zebrawood is really nice looking. :)

:D Hehehe.. I'm glad someone enjoyed that. Lovin' that zebrawood too... it's a shame I only got a couple of sets out of a whole board because it was mostly full of pitch pockets... ya win some ya lose some. Cheers!

:D Hehehe.. I'm glad someone enjoyed that. Lovin' that zebrawood too... it's a shame I only got a couple of sets out of a whole board because it was mostly full of pitch pockets... ya win some ya lose some. Cheers!
Funny, I showed that pic to my husband and told him you said the zebrawood one wasn't that loud, and he said, "Well, that's a plus in my book... you gonna buy it?" :p But by then it was already sold and I'm basically a tenor person, so...

Heh, heh. I bought a used guitar once and apparently the former owner was a pipe smoker. Every time I pulled the guitar out of the case I got a good whiff of pipe smoke for thirty minutes or so 'til it aired out. My wife wanted to fabreze the case but I actually like the smell of pipe smoke so I nixed that.

Apparently the odor was in the lining of the case and would transfer to the guitar when it was all closed up.

John

Don't know if he still has this for sale, but I picked up the zebrawood friday and got to check out the mahogany. AMAZING sound for what he is asking. The misshapen part wasn't noticeable to me at all. Just thought I would give Vic a bump. Nice to meet ya Vic!

I am interested in the Steward Mac Mahogany. I Live in north Cincinnati. I might be interested in negotiating up the price for some custom work (Star inlay on top of the peg board).

Top Bottom