Mahogany Tenor Cut-A-Way for sale <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Here is a really nice cutaway tenor ready for shipping.
$249.95 w/hard case. $15 shipping to lower 48.
Solid mahogany top, back and sides. Bone nut and saddle. Abalone inlay on fretboard. Wood Inlay detail. Rosewood fretboard, pickgurards and bridge. Fresh low action set up, aquilas, Sealed geared tuners. Tenor scale.

33.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

Sound sample

Last edited:
I hope you mean, "about a millimeter" at the first fret. A centimeter at the first fret is just a little high... :)

John

Aloha Tudorp,
Wow really nice uke, I like the dragon inlay even tho it may be quite too much bling for some...aww I spent my uke allowance already...:(

Mingo, yes, this uke is available, and also the one you asked about on Ebay. You can still purchase it outright, until the reserve is met. I replied to your email concerning it.

It is built by Bruce in Asia.

They are built by a builder named Bruce. He has a shop in Veitnam. He has several craftsmen in his shop and they build these by hand, and not automated, or by CMC, or automated equipment. They are not perfect by no means, due to this. He builds several models, with templates, but not two are exactly alike due to being hand made. He makes a pretty good uke, and does allot of inlay artwork on much of his stuff. Very ornate allot of it is. He concentrates on the actual build, and the art more than set up. He builds a uke, and I buy them from him as is, and set them up, and do much of the adjustment to make them nice players. Here is a video of his process.

I am trying to help him break into here in the USA. He has had a difficult time, because there was another builder in Vietnam that did very similar work a few years ago, but used green wood, resulting in horrible ukes, that were unplayable. Bruce is, and has never been affiliated with that other seller, but from the same area, and doing very similar work, has been dealing with the reputation that the other builder had. Again, Bruces ukes are not perfect cosmetically, but are nice ukes, and with some work I do in my shop, makes them very nice player ukes..

Could you be a little more specific than that? I like the looks, but would like to research it.

"Bruceweiart" on eBay - Tudorp has begun a business relationship w/him. Tudorp does complete setup & adds a hard shell case & resells. Lots of threads as Tudorp has started his business very above board with requests for feedback on potential stock as well as posting videos & details of his setup. We should start to hear some reviews as several UU'ers have purchased his first several units.

Mahalo

I've purchased some of Bruce's work and they are distinctively different than your standard China made models. Different doesn't mean bad, just different in the depth of the body or using a tenor body with a baritone neck; I had one of his baritiones that I sold here on UU; and neat inlays. My only critique is that they all needed a good setup to get them to play right. They were never setup properly right from the factory. So, I am happy to see that Tudorp has stepped in and will do that. I think this partnership will produce some neat playable instruments.

So, is this uke being sold as new?
Does it carry any warranty against cracking? If yes, who is the warranty through? You or Bruceweiart?

They are being sold as new. Bruce does carry a warrantee (kinda), in fact, I already had to work out something with him on one that had a major flaw. Bruce makes a pretty good uke, but his QA isn't really up as it should. about 10-20% of the ukes that go out, probably shouldn't. I had a concert Acacia that I worked a deal with him, where he refunded my cost, and we agreed for me to buy it back as damaged, so he wouldn't have to cover shipping back. I took it, and repaired the damage. It is in fact, better than it would have been if it didn't have a defect. But, I can not with a clear head sell that one, especially as new since it does have a major repair. But, I wanted to keep it as a benchmark for me to monitor long term, and play it. It is actually my sweetest playing personal ukes at the moment.

That said, to answer your question, I don't have a specified written warrantee this early in the game, BUT, I will do the right thing, and not stick someone with a lemon. I am doing my best to weed out that bad 10-20% at my shop before they get into the hands of an end player. If by chance one does get out from my shop, Those will be dealt with on a case by case, up to return and full refund, and I will work it out with Bruce. WIth our relationship at this point, he would probably work better with me anyway. So, basically at this point, no official warrantee because I have not worked out the details, but YES, I will do the right thing by my customers.

Last edited:
This Uke is sold... I still have other tenors, and some really cool ones that will be ready soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom