Fs: Gibson baritone 1963

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
My boat motor quit, have plenty of ukes but only had one motor, so selling this '63 Gibson Baritone. I guess they are somewhat scarce.

It has extensive finish checking, but only one small crack and a few deep dings on the heel.the crack is about 2 inches long and stable, it is under the heel block and may not even go all the way through. other than the bridge lifting up on the corners, because the top is bowed up beyond bridge, and the mismatched peg, it's in good shape.

natural finish, all mahogany body, tortoise plastic binding on top, 14-fret mahogany neck, rosette, rosewood fretboard, dot inlays, 20 frets, rosewood (pin) bridge, truss rod

strung up with Southcoast linear and sounds and plays great. nice action and intonation.

comes with newer HSC. $700 + $25 SHIPPING TO CONUS. PM me for other locations.

OUTSIDE008.jpg

more picts:

http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/avm1/gibson bari/

sound sample [ entry for oldpharts contest played on Gibson bari, you'll see the uke sounds much better than I]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjswtewh5BA

Last edited:
Aloha Strumsilly,
She's a beauty....sorta teasing us eh....wish I had the moolah...I spent my ukulele allowance...really like the look of this one..wow wee...MM Stan

I wished it was a tenor or concert. I want a Gibson uke so bad. I've always claimed to be a Gibson guy, but I can't ever truly claim that if I don't have a Gibson Uke.. Somday, gonna have a UB1 Banjole though.. Someday..

I had a Gibson tenor once, they are SWEET. I like the "guitar headstock"they put on the baris, balances the look IMHO. This one really shines when fingerpicked. am trying to get it together to post to oldfarts contest. then you can hear what she sounds like.

I don't think Gibson made a concert. I had a tenor too, really sweet tone! The Gibson tenor is a little smaller than most tenors, concertino?

Price reduced to $700

Price reduced to 700. . I know this is an expensive purchase, and as the price goes up so does the risk. If you are not absolutely satisfied, you may return it in a reasonable time frame [ say a week] - shipping. so no real risk, I know I was happy when I got it.

Last edited:
You temt me greatly , Had a Dove way back around 70'71 was the best playing guitar I ever owned sold it to buy a Martin and have regretted it to this day , not a real martin lover its long gone lol. Retired now so have to watch my pennies but it sure looks nice.

Hey Bro,

I owned a Gibson LG1 for awhile - great little bluz-machine. Good luck with the sale of your Bari!

Peace,

James

played it this morning and decided to keep it. Don't think I'll ever get another baritone that sounds like this one. you all had your chance at it. thanks

Good move. You should keep the ones you really love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom