New Uke Day!

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi. I'm Mark and I'm a Kamakaholic.

I went to Gryphon Stringed Instruments today to get a strap button installed on my Kamaka tenor HF-3, and I couldn't resist the charms of this cute little Kamaka concert HF-2.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Like it's older brother, the HF-2 also got a strap button.
attachment.php

Beautiful! Absolutely....

Awesome Kamaka! I joined you today as another HF-3 owning UU-er who picked up a Concert today...except I went with a KoAloha.
Enjoy!

Congratulations on your new KoAloha concert! I got to play a concert uke on the KoAloha factory minitour and it was sweet.

wow Mark, that is a really pretty one. Great buy mate. Hope you have many years of enjoyment with her.

Wow, just wow! I tell ya that Gryphon is a dangerous place! You and sonicbaker are killing me with your new concerts! I hope I find a nice one in Maui next month. Congrats!!

BTW what kind of case does Gryphon supply with the Kamakas? Their website says they don't come with the stock cases.

Congratulations! Looks nice!

BTW what kind of case does Gryphon supply with the Kamakas? Their website says they don't come with the stock cases.

That's a Uke Crazy case, in the photo. They are, I believe, from Kala.

-Kurt

Gratz on the Uke,

Love the story about just going out for a strap button..Typical of us really!

Enjoy,

Chris

Aloha Mark,
Congratulations....what a beauty..it a pickup too....sheesh you went all out eh...and is that the guardian case..it fits the uke perfectly....I have one too and love it...Happy Strummings..MM Stan
Whoa...no kidding you been bitten by the dangerous Kamaka Flea and you been infected with Kamaka UAS Virus...there is no known cure now...ha ha Is this your monthly Kamaka fix now??:):)

Last edited:
when will all this madness stop? Never, I hope :)

It's actually a Ko'olau case. The body shape isn't an exact match, ukulele to case, but a Kamaka uke fits very snugly without being forced, the padding is thicker than in Kamaka cases, and the case itself feels a little more solid than Kamaka cases. The guys at Gryphon said that they've had problems with the vinyl skin coming off Kamaka cases and with the animal-based glue supposedly used in Kamaka cases smelling funny if the case is left in the sun for a while.

Hmmm, that probably qualifies as the world's most expensive strap button! Congrats!

Way to shop!

Wow, just wow! I tell ya that Gryphon is a dangerous place! You and sonicbaker are killing me with your new concerts! I hope I find a nice one in Maui next month. Congrats!!

I'm rationalizing that buying Hawaiian ukes saves me plane fare on actually going to Hawaii ;)

Top Bottom