Another New Uke Day - KoAloha Concert

sonicbaker

Reaction score
Had been planning to go with a KoAloha Super Concert as my next uke, but I kept coming back to the regular KoAloha Concert, KCM-00, that I had been playing at Kline's in Sacramento. The punchy bright tone is really striking and the thing practically plays itself. I'm a fan of the thin KoAloha necks. I wanted something to complement the rich warmth of my Kamaka Tenor and this was just perfect. Its my first uke with friction tuners, which I like. And its so light...the feel is just really balanced.

S7306269.jpg

S7306266.jpg

S7306271.jpg

S7306277.jpg

Sir, i like your uke, and your photography, and your uke.
Did i say i like your uke too much? I really do like your uke :p

Have fun with it! (Curses, now i'm anxiously awaiting MY new uke...gr)

LOVELY!!! Just LOVELY! (Did I say anything about how lovely it is?!?)

gee, how pretty that uke is. Poor ol Lexxy...your day is coming my friend! :)

KoAloha concert has to be the prettiest sound I have ever heard from a Ukulele...congrats! Fortunately the night I fell in love with it, the lady who owned it could not keep her hands off my Banjo-uke, so I got to play it all night. Someday...(sigh).
Nice Uke for sure!

I like t! Congrats!

Congrats. KoAloha concerts are terrific. You'll get A LOT of enjoyment out of it.

What's with the bridge? Is that a new feature? I like the spiffing up on it. Very nice.

Congrats. KoAloha concerts are terrific. You'll get A LOT of enjoyment out of it.

What's with the bridge? Is that a new feature? I like the spiffing up on it. Very nice.

That's the new bridge that people were complaining about on this forums a while back. I must say that I like it more the more I see it!

I love my KoAloha concert. It has the brightest, loudest tone of all my concerts. Plus it's light, and a little smaller than a few other I have.
Yours is a beautiful example! Enjoy it to the fullest!!!! :)
Cheers,
Skottoman

Aloha Sonicbaker,
Your Koaloha looks super sonic..ha ha have fun and enjoy....Congratulations it looks like a beauty..Happy Strummings..MM Stan

that is beautiful and it looks like you have a yard that is begging for the uke to be played in!

Sweet. My first and only uke, purchased earlier this year, is a KoAloha pikake soprano. It's a looker and sounds great. I love that punchy-jangly sound it makes. I'm not much of a uke player yet, but it always brings a smile to my face. I'd love to get a concert (like yours) or super concert in the future.

Thanks, folks, for the comments and "encouragement" of my habit. Haha...at the Mother's Day breakfast this morning, my wife was overheard telling my mother-in-law that I've been obsessed with ukes for the past year, just bought "another" new one and belong to "some group on the internet...called Ukaholics Anonymous or something like that." I think she meant you guys. Hey, what can I say...I love ukes and I don't care who knows it!

Ooooo, you got a real nice one. Congrats!

You know, I've never seen an ugly KoAloha! :) Nor have I met one I didn't like. Congrats on the new uke. These are the kind of new uke days that curb, or at least slow down, UAS (for the poster, I mean, it may accelerate UAS in the readers).

John

Congratulations on acquiring that beautiful piece of art.
Ukuholics Anonymous, LOL!

Top Bottom