Can't Take My Eyes Off You - ukes at the airport :)

YogaJen

Reaction score
Filling in time at the airport after Melbourne Ukulele Festival back in February. Just shows that it's always good to have an ukulele with you. This is Rob and Tay - father and son - founding members of the Blue Mountains Ukulele Group or Blue MUGs - based to the west of Sydney Oz. Enjoy :)

Cool vid! What were domestic regulations like with ukes on planes?

Cool vid! What were domestic regulations like with ukes on planes?

Aloha happyslappysoong.
Re the flight regulations - I don't actually know. What I do know is that for a while now I've been taking my uke onto the plane as hand luggage with one other bag of stuff. I put the uke in the overhead locker. But the last few flights -Sydney - Melbourne, Melbourne - Sydney, Sydney - Ballina, I've taken my uke down mid-flight and played it ... very softly, and had no complaints, only compliments, thank yous and inquiries about ukuleles. As I said - I played softly so as not to bother anyone. Even the flight attendants came and listened in. I'll be heading on the long journey to Indianapolis - 3 flights - not sure what will happen there. One thing I know, I'm not putting my uke in the hold of the plane. I recall what happened to Honey, of Bosko and Honey - her beautiful custom-made uke by Michael DaSilva took a terible blow despite being thoroughly packed hard case and all. So yeah, I'll keep taking my uke in my hand!
Happy strumming
Jen

Sigh, another favorite - nice job!

Top Bottom