Ukes comparable to the ANue Nue 1879

garyg

Reaction score
Greetings fellow strummers,
Okay, so I'm basically a beginning player but the other day I went and played a bunch of soprano ukes and came home with an ANue Nue 1879. It was simply head and shoulders above every other uke that I played and you can't beat the look either. I have a a few other ukes including a Kooalau K series concert but am curious about other soprano ukes that have a sound quality that is equal or better to the 1879? I suppose both vintage and new models would be of interest. Curiously yours, g2

Greetings fellow strummers,
Okay, so I'm basically a beginning player but the other day I went and played a bunch of soprano ukes and came home with an ANue Nue 1879. It was simply head and shoulders above every other uke that I played and you can't beat the look either. I have a a few other ukes including a Kooalau K series concert but am curious about other soprano ukes that have a sound quality that is equal or better to the 1879? I suppose both vintage and new models would be of interest. Curiously yours, g2

I love my Vision 1879 aNueNue uke. There are few ukuleles out there that compete with it for these reasons:

It has a definite vintage vibe to it, no doubt. The peanut shape and twelve-fret neck places it in a category with few peers.
It has an Hawaiian Koa body, nut and saddle with a mahogany neck. That gives it a warm tone that captures the vintage Nunes ukes that it is meant to emulate.
It is carefully crafted with very high quality materials and as a result is the lightest soprano uke I have played in recent manufacture.
PegHEDS kick.

The people at aNueNue have done a fantastic job with this uke.

I will be sending one of my vintage model sopranos to Ukeeku next week for Tim to review. This model is based on a 1920 Jonah Kumalae uke a friend loaned me to examine. It was in pretty rough shape, but sounded incredible. My model is all solid koa with PegHed tuners, French polish finish and weighs 9.0 oz. I'm looking forward to the review.

Brad

Thanks guys, yeah I'll be interested in hearing how your uke compares Brad. cheers, g2

I'm in love with the look of the 1879 but on a self imposed uke buying ban. It would certainly be my next uke otherwise, from all I've read and heard. From personal experience, the best 2 sounding sopranos I have ever played are a Kamaka pineapple and a Mya Moe.

Top Bottom