Uke stores in the San Fernando Valley or nearby?

garyg

Reaction score
I'm going to find myself in the SF Valley for an extra day this week and wondered if there are any music stores with good uke selections there or nearby? TIA, G2

You can try Kaye's Music Scene in Reseda. He has Kala and Kanilea and was talking about carrying Kanilea's lower end line, Islander. Nice guy. He was excited about Islander ukes after seeing them at NAMM and he had a good section of Kala last time I was there. A better and more interesting selection would exist at McCabes in Santa Monica. It's a few miles (8-10) down the 405 freeway, which can be quite busy at times, but worth it for the selection, imo.

McCabes

Boy I handn't thought about McCabes, went to many concerts there when I was a kid growing up in LA. I'm interested in more high end ukes so maybe that's where I'll head. Thanks for bringing back some fond memories! cheers, g2

I second the recommendation for McCabes -- they have quite a few ukes, many of them high end ones.

Larry Larson Music in Glendale has had a good selection of Kalas and other mid range ukes. He's a pretty cool guy too. He used to play accordion on the Lawrence Welk show when he was a boy. He plays uke too.

–Lori

Ended up going to McCabes and had a great time. Heaps of ukes to play and very friendly and helpful service. Thanks for the tip guys I would never had gone there without the suggestion. Anyone going to LA should definitely stop by this shop. Best variety of ukes that I've every seen including some "travel ukes" which I didn't even know existed. ciao, g

Top Bottom