Done !!! Almost.....

bigdog1002

Reaction score
1st Uke is done !

It is very light and I like the sound. I am having a problem with the C string that I could use some advice on. When I fret the C string hard it is very sharp almost a D. The other strings are ok. I know I need to change the contact point on the saddle but do I need to make the string shorter or longer ?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0390 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0390 (Medium).jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0386 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0386 (Medium).jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0392 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0392 (Medium).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0393 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0393 (Medium).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0388 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0388 (Medium).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 57
Awesome looking uke. The action looks low enough, ukes are touchy about being fretted too hard and usually the C is gonna be a little sharp at the 12th unless you take a file to the saddle to compensate... the E too but not as noticeable. I've heard that changing string brands can help too.

When I 1st put the strings on I used D'Addario J65 ( B,F#, D, A ) but tuned the uke to G,C,E,A. I just switched to Fremont Black Line Hard strings and the intonation is now what I would expect. It surprised me that the C string was so far off when the other string were ok.

So it is now official. Uke 1 is done.

Looks very nice.

And as you found out, there can be a huge difference on how a set of strings performs on an instrument. Many times I'll go through several sets to find the ones that work for that specific instrument.

Top Bottom