Know Any Good One-Chord Songs?

jimdville

Reaction score
How about Electric Avenue?

JJ

One Note Samba?

Chain of Fools - Aretha Franklin
Tomorrow Never Knows - The Beatles

K, so you already have Chain of Fools......

Last edited:
I was going to say "Lime In the Coconut", but, then again, you asked for "good one-chord songs". :p

Ohh, man, lime in de coconut not good song - lime in de coconut great song! And this is totally bizarre because I am listening to Electric Avenue from above but "put de lime in de coconut, mix 'em bo' up" is stuck in my head!

I've posted videos of five fun one-chord songs on my site. Anybody know any other good ones? http://playukulelebyear.blogspot.com
Bob Dylan: Ballad of Hollis Brown. Played in Em but because of his open tuning it comes out in Dm (I play in in Am on a uke). A banjo uke gives it a nice tone.

A light, breezy song about of a South Dakota farmer, who is overwhelmed by the desperation of poverty. Unable to find food or work, he kills his wife, children and then himself. Great fun song for weddings and bar mitzvahs.

Last edited:
Ohh, man, lime in de coconut not good song - lime in de coconut great song! And this is totally bizarre because I am listening to Electric Avenue from above but "put de lime in de coconut, mix 'em bo' up" is stuck in my head!

I want to see a video of that mash up.

Top Bottom