Quick question - do Pineapple sopranos fit in Soprano cases?

I do not know, because I do not have any pineapples. But, just from the body shape, my guess would be not without some modification to the case. Seeing the pineapple does not have a waist like a traditional shaped body.

In my experience, no

I have a Gator hard case for my KoAloha pineapple soprano. I had to cut away some of the inner padding (styrofoam) at the "waistline" to fit. It also wouldn't fit in those "Uke Crazy" cases.

I have a pinaeapple concert, and I keep it in a gig bag because I'm not sure it's possible to get a case for it. It almost fits in an old no-name hardcase I have for another concert uke; the only problem is that the case isn't long enough. You need to try to find a case with no waist.

Look at the vinyl covered plastic shell cases. The interior of those is fairly easy to cut on without destroying the case. Get ya some felt type fabric to recover it. I have one that I am planning to convert for my banjole. Haven't done it yet, but looked into tearing out the foam and reconfiguring it, and it doesn't seem like a too big of a deal.

Last edited:
Elderly Instruments sells a high quality black vinyl hardshell that fits my KoAloha Pineapple like a glove. A bit pricey ($60 plus shipping) but very nice. I have a couple of the nylon-covered foam soprano cases.

Those foam core zippered cases will fit with a little modification. It requires peeling back the veneer at the waist, removing some of the foam, then stretching and regluing the fabric back over the area where you performed the liposuction.

Those foam core zippered cases will fit with a little modification. It requires peeling back the veneer at the waist, removing some of the foam, then stretching and regluing the fabric back over the area where you performed the liposuction.

I wonder if I could do this with my stomach. I'm becoming pineapple shaped...

I've managed to cram a concert Flea into one of the generic canvas/foam zip cases with no problems, so it really depends on the case.

Chuck Moore = Bastard

I may have to make my next MB a "thinline" to go over my belly since my arms will be too short to strum with a normal body uke!

My wife has a Kala KA-P and stores it in a concert-sized Uke Crazy hard shell case.

I have a pineapple and it fits in two cases: a Steady case (which I highly recommend), and its Kamaka hardshell case that it came in.

My Ohana Pineapple fits okay in a Uke Crazy
hard shell case.

My Kamaka is in a A Uke Crazy foam concert sized case, a soprano pineapple also should fit in a Fremont soprano case, they are rectangular and wide. My concert pineapple is in a concert Fremont case.

Top Bottom