Uke care tip of the day.

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just for the record. This is what NOT to do with your uke. I found out yesterday that ukes don't do so good after you play one in the hot tub.

I took one of my LU21s to the hot tub and played it for about an hour. It's not looking so good. It isn't falling apart yet, but I'll give it a few more days. I don't recommend playing your uke in a hot tub. Just sayin..

No worries, I needed an excuse to rebuild it anyway with a new look. So, I just created an opertunity.. hehheh..

All in all. It was worth it. that was fun an hour set from a hot tub.. Neighbor liked it.. hehheh

Hmmmm, do you think it was the heat, or the moisture? Reason I ask is I've been contemplating taking my KoAlohas scuba diving... :biglaugh:

John

Hmmmm, do you think it was the heat, or the moisture? Reason I ask is I've been contemplating taking my KoAlohas scuba diving... :biglaugh:

John

oh, no problem there pal. Take your KoAlohas on scuba. They have a much better finish so they should be sealed.. lol

Um,...."Free to Good Home"....????, lol

I didn't understand this reply, but then as I went on reading other theads, got to thinking.. SOMEBODY, (was that you?) gave me an LU21 awhile back to go to a good home.. And it got me thinking.. Oh man, I HOPE they didn't think I just trashed a gracious donation. Gads no, if that came from you Brudda. That uke that was sent to me to find a good home has been gone for some time. It was in near perfect shape and I found a local kid to give that to almost immediatly. I actually typically have one or two of those at any given time that I pick up cheap when I can find them, because they make great student ukes for the local kids around here that want to learn uke. This one I used in a hot tub concert was kinda a trashed one I had that my grandkids bang around. I have meant to rebuild it for sometime, and this little stunt gave me reason to move it up on the ladder.. lol

Song lyrics

ALOHA everybodyz...

I been thinkin' (yes it is a dangerous process; & I shouldnt do it as often...) BUT... If at all possible, why not recreate the old TS song list like how was before....uh hmmm.... before the "UPGRADE"
I was thinkn like I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to be able to find the lyrics done by one of our very own talented local artist... without the clutter of all these new and upcoming pop/rap/techno whatever you want to call it artistsssss.... but keep it pure..& untainted; jsut something for us locals to call our own!!! you know like I thought that maybe we could ask if anybody knows the lyrics, we can pass on lyrics, we can correct lyrics, .. before ya know it we rebuilt the library that we once had. I am still trying to get the lyrics for ROOTS WOMAN it is not the remake of Jimmy Cliffs, and it aint three plus! .....

Top Bottom