Reso uke arrived - need repair help

ichadwick

Reaction score
My long-awaited Republic reso arrived this morning after two weeks in transit. It it looks like the cover plate has been stepped on. The bridge cover seems to touch the strings.

Photos on my forum where I uploaded six pics.

Anyone make any suggestions as to if it can be fixed easily and if so, how? I'd rather fix it than send it back...

not trying to be rude, but can you post the pics here so I don't have to join your forum? or make that thread in your forum open to the public? i kinda don't want to sign up just to see the republic uke...but I want to see it.

did you get it brand new? if so, I'd have it replaced.

not trying to be rude, but can you post the pics here so I don't have to join your forum? or make that thread in your forum open to the public? i kinda don't want to sign up just to see the republic uke...but I want to see it.

did you get it brand new? if so, I'd have it replaced.

Everything he just said, yeah.

Sorry. Forgot that the thread is closed. I've attached the first three pics here. Second three in the next post.

Attachments

• reso_01.jpg
    reso_01.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 38
  • reso_02.jpg
    reso_02.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 33
  • reso_03.jpg
    reso_03.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 29
Wow, that looks unplayable...

If it's not an easy fix, I'd send it back at their expense!

The final three. The lack of damage to the case suggests this was done at Customs when it was opened.

I've taken the cover off and popped it back into shape. The cone seems okay too, althouth it was also a bit bent. I tried to straighten it out and it seems okay. but I have more concerns about the cone than the cover. The strings are still slipping, so I can't keep it in tune right now.

Attachments

• reso_04.jpg
    reso_04.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 22
  • reso_05.jpg
    reso_05.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 18
  • reso_06.jpg
    reso_06.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 18
Wow that looks bad. I feel for you man... :(

Have you by chance tried contacting the manufacturer? Maybe they can steer you to an authorized repair center close by.

ewwwwwww. i'd send that back feaux sheaux. I am sure there is shipping insurance that the manufacturer/seller can use to replace that. Sorry to see that.

Jeez, I'm glad they let us open our own packages at customs... of course, if everything valued over €45 didn't have to go through customs, there wouldn't be such a need for customs office convinience.

That looks like a send-back. Call the customs office and yell at someone if it makes you feel better. They'll deny it, and the company who sent the uke will deny it, but you'll feel better.

did you have insurance? send it back!

Well, it's okay - I think - but a new cone might be a worthwhile investment, although this one was only slightly dented.

I have posted the story, pics and my review on my ukulele page.

It really needs better strings to make it sing (the GHS are just too thin and soft). Pro Artes are on order. Might get some Aquilas, too.

Anyone have any experience using metal strings on one of these ukes? Seems like it should be able to take the tension.

Top Bottom