Tailpiece

kim009

Reaction score
I was looking at purchasing a used ukulele that needs to have the tailpiece replaced. Is this difficult to do? I may be a girl, but I am handy working with tools and wood. Also, any recommendations on where to obtain a new tailpiece for a ukulele?

Thanks!

I was looking at purchasing a used ukulele that needs to have the tailpiece replaced. Is this difficult to do? I may be a girl, but I am handy working with tools and wood. Also, any recommendations on where to obtain a new tailpiece for a ukulele?

Thanks!

Easy fix. If it is a specific tailpeice on a vintage uke, it might be hard to find an exact replacement depending. But, just a simple tailpeice, you should be able to retrofit a similar one. Check with Elderly, they sell banjo tail pieces if it is similar to that those. Stewmac should have something that will work, or easy to modify to fit. Not too hard to make one either if you are a handywoman.. lol.. Test your fab skills and that means fabrication, not fabulous.. lol

BTW: post some pictures, and we might be able to lead ya in the right direction.

On ukuleles, they're called bridges, and you can buy them at Stewmac.

Yep...we need a photo or uke model. Some ukes have tail pieces like banjos or archtop guitars. Those would be very easy to replace. Most have glued on bridges like flat top guitars....those are harder to replace. Very do-able though

Top Bottom