My poor old soprano's are getting ignored

v30

Reaction score
...ever since I received my (first) used tenor that I purchased from this board. I just seem to really dig that tenor sound and find I'm going to it instead of the soprano's. Hopefully its just the novelty of a new uke and it'll wear off soon. I'm starting to doubt it though!

Last edited:
Play whatever makes you happy - it is all good.

:D each to their own, I don't think I'll ever switch from a soprano personally because they're so darn happy

Come to think of it, I haven't played my sopranos for a very long time. I guess I'll try to give them a little love soon.

Never anger a soprano.

attachment.php

You'll switch around, depending on what you are in the mood for. I agree, it goes in circles, sometimes you dig one uke and play it for a while, then another, etc...

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Cheers,
Skottoman

Sopranos are so damned convenient to leave laying around to grab quickly, practice something, etc. Don't take up a lot of space next to computer, coffee/end table, etc.

Heh, heh. Just the opposite in my case. Now that I have two longneck sopranos my tenors (and concert) are gathering dust... Actually, that started as soon as I got my first longneck soprano.

John

Everytime I practice I try to make sure I put some time in on each size, they each sound and feel so different!

yah I mostly like sopranos and have been playing my Hamano, Luna and Mahalo. That Luna with the Martin Strings is pretty cool... really the loudest and deepest of the bunch. The Mahalo U-350 with the Hilo strings I put on it can sound funky but depending on how you listen to it, it has a beautiful tone too. I can't necessarily say that any one instrument is absolutely better than the others. Each has its own voice. For a lot of bar chords up and down the neck though I agree that a concert or Tenor would be better. I am just not doing that sort of work right now.

This week I tried doing a video of playing the same 3 1/2 minute song on tenor and soprano, just to see how how much different they would sound. It was a song I wrote on soprano 30 years ago, but have been playing on tenor for the last 15 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYnCz0QAoRI

Top Bottom