I've ordered a Ukulele of my own...

pnj

Reaction score
:D But I'll have to assemble it myself...

I've got the kit from StewMac on the way. I can't wait to get started on it. I'm already thinking of ways to customize it.:rock:

Awesome!

Not to intentionally be a downer as only the second post to thread, if my older brother-in-law were still with us, I'd order a kit uke from Pete, or probably two. He was a carpenter and a music lover, and he would have been game to not only build me a uke, but then want to play one himself.

He'd also do a better job then I'd do. It's a what-if I look on which I look fondly.

I hear ya. I would have loved to been able to spend the time with my dad and make one for each of us. He's a very skilled craftsman and it would be neat to see what he'd do with the kit.

Those kits seem like a good choice, and some people make really nice results with them. No doubt you searched all the uke forums and internets for "stewmac ukulele kit"? I believe there are a couple of building blogs out there and even a video or two on Youtube.

Be sure to document your progress, and perhaps post a pic here now and then. I would love to see how you go about it.

oh yea U.N. I've found pretty much every documented image/blog/forum that has to do with that kit. Plus I printed out the instructions from StewMac and have them commited to memory..:)

I'll be doing a blog or something as I build. Should be cool.:cool:

keep you busy for 1 weekend :D :D
sounds sweet - uke building.

Good luck with the uke kit. I am making one too but got my kit from Hana Lima Ia! I decided to tackle the one where I have to bend the sides myself. I'm enjoying myself, even though it's taken me a while, I just get to it when I have time!! I find that I have to make so many different jigs and stuff that I might want to make a 2nd one when I get this first one done!
Have fun building yours.

Top Bottom